Today was Lyla's 4 Month Well Checkup with her Pediatrician. Rhett and I were both able to go which was awesome!! We waited for an hour though, which stunk. Oh well, I suppose that's the deal when you go to the baby doc! Anywho, Lyla now weighs 13 lbs 11 ozs and she is 25 inches long. For her weight, she is in the 50th percentile which is right about average. I thought she was small for her age, but her doc showed us a chart which showed she was right there in the middle. Sweet!! However, for her length Lyla is in the 90th percentile!! Craziness!! My girl is long! Lyla's doc checked her out and said everything looked great. She then asked Rhett and myself if we had any questions and I immediately explained to her the difficult time my baby girl was having when she pooped. The doc first asked what formula we had her on to which I answered Similac Soy Based. She then asked if we had heard about Karo syrup to which I replied, "ohhh yes, we put it in every bottle". Finally, Lyla's doc said it would be okay to start feeding her baby foods that are fruit and start with a P because they are high in fiber. Prunes, pears, and peaches!! She also said Oatmeal formula is a good thing to start her out on as well. Sooooo...with that said, here are some pics of little Lyla eating Oatmeal formula for the first time!!
"Do I like this wet, bland stuff...."???

Hmm, doesn't look like it!

"Mommy, more more more"!!

Okay, so maybe it's not so bad!

"Is there something on my nose"?

She got a just little messy! =) Which is to be expected!!

We can't wait to try the three P's next!! Maybe she will like those better!
Anywho, I am so excited about this weekend! My mom and Charlie are coming to visit and I cannot wait!! We are going to do 2 fun things for sure this weekend 1) Buy Lyla an Exersaucer! and 2) Get Lyla's ears pierced!! AHHH! I am so nervous about #2 and I have heard so many different opinions on the matter and then I got to thinking....the only opinion that matters (to me at least) is MINE!! And Rhett's of course, which he is fully supportive and excited as well. Basically, we're excited! However, I don't know how excited Lyla will be when it actually happens....we shall see. I will post pics of course! =)
3 comments:
Wow, I can't believe she's already getting food ... I guess I have that to look forward to at McKenze's next appointment. Lyla looks so cute eating! McKenzie is teething too ... she tries to bite everything. I hope the ear piercing goes well.
I am FOR FOR FOR the earrings...I'm already looking into pediatricians who will let me do Charleigh's ASAP! I have been chastised for it but like you said, it's my darn kid...my mom did it to me and I am SOO thankful I had cute little earrings in my baby pictures! No more boy comments for little girls!! woo hoo! hahha!
Aww, I can't believe she is taking solid (well kinda) foods already! She is getting so big!! And she is so very very cute. I really love the last photo of her..she has the cutest, little chubby cheeks ever! I just wanna hold her and kiss those cheeks! :)
I hope you guys have a BLAST with your mom and Charlie! I also hope I get to talk to you soon again...I had so much fun the last time we talked!
I think and pray for you guys everyday from REALLY REALLY far away. I really miss you guys.....
Post a Comment