Monday, August 03, 2009

Whoa, what a weekend!

First off, I would like to apologize for the mass amount of pictures you are about to see. =) I'd like to tell you about the weekend in pictures...it's a little more interesting if you ask me. My mom and Charlie came in town this weekend and we had the best time! I say that every time we see them, but seriously I just love being with them. And so do Rhett and Lyla.
Anywho, so when my mom and Charlie got here we headed off to Logan's to eat some din din and who did we stumble upon?! My friend Pam and her baby girl McKenzie! McKenzie and Lyla are a week and a half apart, so we couldn't help but take some pics of them together!
After a yummy dinner at Logan's
Lyla loves her Aubbie! Lots of firsts this weekend!! One first was her first taste of pears! Yumm... Rhett and I tasted them as well and they were actually pretty good.
Mmm...baby food!
Lyla met Winnie the Pooh at Toys R Us!! She looks a little overwhelmed! =)
Lyla and Mimi! Ly's in her new excersaucer! Lyla says, "Thank you Mimi and Pop-Pop"!
She loves it!
Before the ear piercing....
Getting ready....ohhh, I was so nervous!
After the ear piercing! She cried, but not for long! I almost cried too!
Another first, getting her ears pierced...
My sweet family
I love my marm!!
YAYYYY! We're going to the ZOO!!
"We're here!", says Lyla!
Watching Daddy feed the very hungry duck!
My girl got so very hot and tired that we had to take an hour long pit stop so she could take a nap in the air conditioning. Shhhh....be very very quiet...
Lyla in her new big girl stroller at the zoo....
At the zoo with Mimi and Pop-Pop!
Dinner at Tokyo with me, my Mom, Aunt Val, Lyla, and (not pictured: Charlie, Rhett, and Uncle Terry)
Oh how I love them!
Sadddd my Mom and Charlie are leaving...I know I look happy and my mom looks sad, but we could never coordinate faces in the pics. There's one where I have a sad face and my Mom's smiling, but it's blurry. Oh well, needless to say I was very very sad to say goodbye! =(
So, as you can tell we had a very busy (but oh so fun) weekend! And next week is just as busy, if not busier! We're going to Savannah to visit Wesley and Kelly! I cannot wait!
Again, sorry about all the pics...I do get a little camera happy, I will admit!

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Hey my love! It looks like you guys had a blast with your mom and charlie! I wish I could see them as well..it has been far too long!
Also Ly could NOT be any cuter, I love her! She just has the most fun and laughs all the time, huh?
Ahh, to be able to hold her and love on her. Only 6.5 months to go!!! :)

Jo said...

I love her earrings! And let the jewelry obsession begin! She is too adorable! I'm so glad you had a great weekend with the fam! I love you!