Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Catch of the Day!

This weekend was nice...nothing real eventful (oh, except for the fact I caught my first fish!), but it was relaxing and lovely all the same. For some reason, this weekend made me really thankful for little Lyla. I am of course, always thankful for her, but this weekend Rhett and I went fishing for an hour or two without her and I just really missed her the whole time! I just got to thinking about life before her and it just made me realize how much was missing from our lives before she came in to it. Sure, we had each other...and that's all fine and dandy, but now we still have each other and a cute little girl to love! So, needless to say after about an hour of fishing I wanted to go, pick up Lyla, go home, and cook chicken and dumplings for my family. It's the simple things in life that I live for...
Oh so happy....
She really really wants to play with the kitties. It's a shame they don't want to play with her...
Lyla, what are you watching so intently??
Ohhhhh, Brad Pitt....say no more! I understand!
Eating on the bar feels good on her gums, I'll bet. I caught a fish, I caught a fish!! I was really proud and excited!
My first catch, besides Rhett of course (ha ha!)! PS...Rhett didn't catch anything that day...he was jealous of my fishy!

1 comment:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I CAN NOT believe you caught that fish!! All by yourself?? Did BR help reel it in? I am so impressed!!! I also love this post, it's so sweet! I can't wait to have a little baby someday and experience the things you write about! For now, I will just anxiously await new photos of little Lyla to get my fill of the cuteness! She really is the CUTEST!