Sunday, May 11, 2008
Sick AND Tired
I could write about how wonderful my week was but that would just be me just trying to make it seem like my life is absolutely flawless, and well, I've always prided myself on being a realist. So, here ya go....my week sucked. Bigtime. Monday my car wouldn't start so I had to call in "sick" to work (I'll be darned if I'm using my vacation days to fix my car). Turns out nothing was really wrong with my car, it was just a fluke (actually the lady said they couldn't find anything wrong with it so they said they'd have to wait until it broke, greaaaaaaaat)....oh well, I got a day off work. Well, that's also the day I started to feel the symptoms. The feeling of having to urinate every thirty minutes, which was kind of painful...yep, the beginning stages of a UTI. UGH!! I would rather have my arms chopped off (not really, but close). I went to the doctor Tuesday, got meds, and thought everything was going to be peachy keen, only the meds didn't work on my "strand" of UTI. Soooooo, I went back to the doctor Thursday to get more meds in the hope that they would prescribe me something that actually would work! This time, the meds worked...thank goodness! So, as I am typing this I am feeling much much better, but man I tell ya, if any of you ladies out there have had a UTI before y'all know what I'm talking about. And for those of you who haven't, BEWARE!! Just kidding, but seriously...you don't want one! Anywho, so that's my fabulous week in a nutshell. However, I must say that having such a crappy week truly making me appreciate every other day that I am healthy and feeling good. So anywho, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ugh, I have only had one UTI in my life, and I will never ever forget that pain and suffering! You poor little girl - I am so glad you are feeling better! I love you!
OH!!!! UTIs SUCK! I have definitely had my share of them. I actually keep a stock of Uro-standard on hand to numb everything "down there" until I get the meds to work. They suck so bad...I am glad you feel better.
Post a Comment