Saturday, May 17, 2008

Feeling better finally...Hallelujah!

YAYYYYY! I'm feeling better! Okay, this might be TMI, but I just want to share how scary your mind can be...so, last Tuesday I went to the doctor, did a pee test, found out I had a minor UTI (not full blown yet), and got meds. I still felt like it hadn't gone away by Thursday, so I went back to the doctor and gave them a urine culture so it could get sent off to a lab to see which bacteria was causing my UTI. Well, after a week of feeling like my symptoms were never going to go away, I got the results back yesterday (it's been over a week since they sent the urine culture away) and it was negative. Meaning my UTI was gone when I went last Thursday. This whole time the pain and frequency of urination has been in my head. Seriously, that's a scary thing. It's funny, because last night when I heard the results I told myself nothing's wrong with me, and sure enough I started to feel better. The mind has always interested me and I suppose that's why I chose to major in Psychology, but back when I was taking classes I never believed that your mind could make you feel like you're in pain. Now, I truly believe that it can and has the potential to. I had an experience a couple years ago where I felt like I couldn't catch my breath...now that was scary. It went on everyday for a few weeks and finally I (with the support of Kristi) went to the doctor, got X-rays, and found out that nothing medically was wrong with me. The doctors said it was stress. It just scared me to hear that because if there really was something medically wrong with me then medication would fix it, however knowing it was my mind trying to deal with the stressful events going on in my life, I just didn't know how to fix that. Now, I'm not the type to just freak out about stressful events or anything, in fact I try to keep my emotions in check. So I suppose when I have stress in my life I just repress it, but even though I may repress it, my mind and body find ways to emit it. Weird. I think I need to find a healthy way to deal with stress. The funny thing is, I didn't think I was even that stressed. Soooo...anywho, just thought it was interesting. Have a nice rest of the weekend everyone!

No comments: