Saturday morning I woke up early to get ready and go to the Raising Your Children With No Regrets Seminar with Christi at First Baptist Church. The speaker, Catherine Hickem, was very interesting and definitely gave me things to work towards as I raise Lyla! I really desire a great relationship with Lyla in the future. One in which she can come and talk to me about ANY problem she's having. This Seminar taught me that now I have to start enforcing the behavior I want to see in her when she's young woman. Very interesting stuff I tell you. Anywho, after the Seminar we ate a little McDonalds (thanks Christi, I owe you) and went on home to our baby girls! :) When I got home, Rhett and Lyla were outside playing in her kiddie pool. Okay, so maybe only Lyla was playing in it but they were having some fun! So I put on my bathing suit and joined them! After playing in the pool, we went to the Solutia park. Lyla can walk around now so it's been a bit more fun. Lyla and I went down the slide a couple of times until of course I got real hot and tired. And boy was it hot! After the park we came home and grilled some chicken. Rhett's parents came over and enjoyed a nice home cooked dinner with us. Lyla always loves to see her Grammy and Grandpa!
Sunday morning Rhett and I both woke up at 9:00 am, looked at each other, and freaked! Lyla had not woken up yet! I looked at the monitor and it was still on. I got worried. She ALWAYS wakes up around 6:30 am! So Rhett and I ran in her room and the little booger was still asleep! She was waking up when we came in, but I was in absolute shock! She slept from 8:00 pm- 9:00 am! Definitely the longest she's gone sleeping! Rhett and I were both well rested and apparently, so was Lyla. Anywho, we got ready and went to church on a rainy morning. After church we ate lunch with my Grandparents and my Dad at Chili's. Yum yum! We relaxed and napped pretty much the rest of the day. We did accomplish the laundry and I cleaned out Lyla's drawers so I felt pretty good about that.
Hope everyone had a great weekend as well!
Rhett and Lyla walking up to the park. She's a big girl!
Like father...
Like daughter...









No comments:
Post a Comment