Sunday, May 02, 2010

Karen and Luis' Wedding Weekend!

This weekend my cute little cousin Karen got married!
Now, I know I said I would never fly by myself with Ly again (never say never!), but I changed my mind and off to Miami we went! Luckily, they just started doing nonstop flights to and from Miami so we only had one flight that was about an hour and a half long. On the way there, Ly was great. She just played, ate, drank her bottle, fussed a little, and then played some more. I was very thankful she was a good girl! :) We met my mom in the Miami airport (she flew in too), got our rental car, and headed off to the hotel! Everyone that traveled for the wedding pretty much stayed in the same hotel so we always were around our family members, which was awesome! My mom, Ly, and I waited for my brother Jesse to arrive (he flew in on a later flight) and then we headed off to the rehearsal dinner at Luis' Aunt's house. All of Luis' family members were some of the nicest people you'll ever meet, so we had a great time. We also had some great tasting Cuban food! :)
Saturday morning we woke up early (thanks Ly!) and ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We then hurried back upstairs and got ready to head off to the wedding. Family weddings are so fun and special... I just loved seeing my cousin, whom I grew up with, walk down the aisle as a beautiful bride! The wedding was gorgeous (see a billion pictures below!) and we all had so much fun! After the wedding we went with our family and friends to a very yummy Cuban restaurant to celebrate the end of a fabulous weekend.
Sunday morning we awoke early again (not Ly this time...actually, my mom woke up first! Shocker, I know!) and got ready to check out and leave. My mom, Jesse, Ly, and I had a yummy McDonalds breakfast and then to the airport we went! Okay, so checking into the airport in Miami is TOTALLY different then checking into the airport in Pensacola. Holy cow! Ly and I got there about an hour early (my brother and mom's flights were both later in the afternoon so it was just Ly and I) and we scrambled to find out where on earth we were supposed to check in at! We were advised to check in outside where we would have to tip the guy, but it would be faster then checking in inside at the airline counter. So I said to heck with it, let's get this done! Even checking in at the "express" check in took forever! After we finally got checked in, I checked the time and saw that it was 9:40 am. Our flight started boarding at 9:50 am and we hadn't even gone through security (which had an insane line) OR walked the 5 miles to the terminal! Luckily, because I had a baby with me were able to skip the insane security line and go right to the front. I really do think if we would have had to wait in that line we wouldn't have made the flight. Whoosh. Close one. After the security check in (which went smoothly) we dashed to the terminal. It might not have been so chaotic had we not made a pit stop (I was about to pee in my pants!) and had our boarding pass not fallen out of my bag without my knowing. I only realized it when we were headed to the terminal again and I tried to pull it out of the bag! I freaked! We ran back to the bathroom and it wasn't there! Then, over all the chaos, I heard the airport intercom announce, "Heather Summerford, please report to terminal 25". We ran to terminal 25 where someone turned in my boarding pass. Praise God! Then we ran to our terminal which seemed like it was forever and a day away. I was seriously sweating bullets and huffing and puffing for air when we finally got there. Seriously, I thought I was going to pass out. Ha. But, we made it. Lyla must have known that her Mommy was about to have a heart attack because she slept through the entire flight home. We arrived in Pensacola at 11:00 am and we were both so excited to see Rhett/"Da Da" waiting for us! Sadly, using the express check in in Miami might have bitten me in the butt because while we made it to Pensacola, our luggage did not! Hopefully, it will be delivered to our house tonight! :)
Anywho, despite the craziness of trying to get home, we had a wonderful trip!

Little Lyla playing with blocks while we waited to board our plane...
There's our plane!
She was such a good girl on the plane...
Finally at the hotel and all ready to go to the rehearsal dinner!
Lyla LOVED bouncy time on the bed with Mimi! Our family at Karen and Luis' rehearsal dinner!
Waiting for the wedding ceremony to start!
Aww, my Uncle Terry walking his daughter Karen down the aisle.... it was so sweet and she was SO gorgeous!
Mr. and Mrs. Luis Encinosa!
My brother and my mom at the reception! I miss them so very much and we were so happy to spend a weekend together! :)
First Dance as husband and wife...
Father/Daughter dance...
All the little girls LOVED Lyla! Oh my gosh! They followed her around the whole entire time. No joke.
Cutting the cake...
Hilarious! Luis getting Karen's garter with his teeth! HA!
The Bride and Ly and I! My brother took the picture and I was wanting a full body shot of her dress! It was beautiful! But, he's a typical man and therefore does not know how to take pictures.
My family! :) If you're wondering where Lyla was, she was asleep on the other bed. She was exhausted!
Out to our last dinner in Miami with the Smiths and Fitzpatricks! :)
PS. Check out the post below for pictures of Kristi and Ruco's homecoming! :)

1 comment:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Karen looked beautiful!!!! So glad you had a wonderful time, and that Lyla was a good girl on the plane ride!! :) She is such a little traveler already!