Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

What a great Mother's Day! :) It really is amazing how much can change over the course of a year. This time last year Lyla was just a very little baby, barely a month old. Now, she's a walking, talking toddler! I am so very blessed and lucky that she is my baby and I am her Mommy. Whenever she calls me "Mama" my heart just glows. I'm always just wanting to love on her and hug her and kiss her to pieces because I know time is just going to fly by and before I know it it will be Mother's Day next year! And then, soon, she won't want me to hug her and kiss her...soon, she'll be a hormonal teenager and she'll hate me! Ha ha! Soooo, that my friends, is why I am trying to cherish every moment now. She is my sweet and precious angel and I could not imagine my life without her. Also, this Mother's Day I am so thankful for my Mom! My Mom is one of my very best friends and I can only hope that Lyla and I have that kind of relationship when she's an adult. I hate that we live so far apart and I treasure the time we get to spend together, even though it is of course, not as often as we both would like. I love you Mom! Thank you for being the best Mom and Mimi ever ever ever! :)
Here's my sweet heart when we woke her up this morning after her morning nap... she was so very pleasant! I hated waking her up, but we had to go to church!
Here's Lyla and I last Mother's Day! She was just a very little baby!
And here we are now! She's a big girl and I'm blond, again! :)
Outside of church with my baby girl and my rose. They handed out roses to all the moms!
After church, we went out to Rhett's cousin's beach house rental for a Mother's Day celebration! We had an amazing time! We played in the sand and water and just soaked up the rays! It was absolutely gorgeous outside today! Anywho, here's Drew and Lyla... they are like 3rd cousins or something. Drew is Rhett's cousin Mitch's little girl. So Kristi, expert in family relations, how exactly are they related?! He he. :)
Playing in the water...
Playing in the sand and building sand castles!
Rhett and Lyla with his Grandparents/her Great Grandparents...
BEAUTIFUL! The loves of my life and the beautiful beach!
Family of three...
1 + 1 = 3! Ha.
Aww, we love Grandfather and cheese puffs! :)
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you moms out there! I hope you all had a wonderful day as well!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading about you and your baby girl. How many naps is she taking right now?

Heather said...

Thank you! :) Um, she usually takes two naps a day. And sometimes only one. Like Mother's Day, we were so busy she really only took one nap but she was really tired at night. Do you have any children?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have a 13 month old little boy. He still takes 2 naps but my mom keeps telling me he should be dropping the morning nap soon. He gets up between 5:30 and 6:00 and usually goes down for his first nap around 9:00 (and sleeps for an hour - which is GOOD for him as he was a 30 minute napper for the first 6 months). Anyway, just interested in seeing what other babies his age do. Thanks for responding and I look forward to reading your future blogs (I just found yours yesterday!).

Heather said...

That sounds just like Lyla's schedule! She wakes up around 6 am and takes a nap again around 9 or 10 am. I would love if she would cut out the morning nap and sleep in longer in the morning...till like 8 or 9 am! :) Do you have a blog as well? If so, what's your blog address? I love reading about what other little babies are like as well. :)

Anonymous said...

No, I don't have a blog. I don't know how you find the time! Maybe as Thomas gets older but he is a demanding baby and I don't seem to have much free time. I do also read Diary of a Yummy Mummy (I'm a fan on FB and get email updates from her) and she is fun to read if you want to check her out. Back to naps, though, I don't think he could drop his morning nap right now which stresses me out when my mom tells me most kids his age are down to one nap. She doesn't stress me on purpose, but that's the end result. Oh well. Thanks, again, for answering my question. :)

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

ohh, girl. Let me tell you about family relations!!! I think they are third cousins once removed and then brought back together. :)

You are such a cute little mommy, and am so glad you had a wonderful mother's day!!! I really love you so much, and thank God that he brought you sweet Lyla. She is such a blessing, and is the sweetest thing!!! I love her, and I really love you!!