Before the crappy weather rolled in, we tried to take advantage of the nice weather so we played outside as much as possible! Lyla is to the point where she gets bored easily and she gets antsy being inside for long periods of time. So the outlook of a few days of rain was looking to be no fun at all! But we made the best of it! :) Ly and Rhett are such great playmates. Ly and I have fun together too, but Rhett will get her to giggle in a way that I never can... That's what Daddy's are for, right?! They always have such fun playing with this pink ball and just basically running and playing chase. I am content just watching them have fun. That and taking pictures of course. :)
I cracked up when I walked out in the living room and saw this! Lyla was taking a nap in her crib and Rhett was trying to nap, but apparently it's difficult with animals all over you?!
Saturday night I decided to try out an activity I saw on Kelly's Korner Blog. It's an activity for a toddler to do inside (on a rainy day or night) and it involves two bowls with ice and water in each and a slotted spoon. The idea is for the toddler to transfer the ice from one bowl to another and back again and man did it work! Lyla loved it! She did this for, I kid you not, over an hour. I had to keep putting ice in there cause it was melting! Ha! We will definitely do this again.
Sunday evening we went to Chuck-E-Cheese for Cole's birthday party (my cousin Jackie's son). Oh my, what a mad house! I stressed the whole time because Ly was running amuck! She didn't care about playing on the games as much as she did just running around. So, that meant Rhett and I had to take turns chasing after her. She was weaving in and out of people the whole time! And of course, she would occasionally get on this slide...
And some rides....
Oh and we HAD to ride Barney of course!
"Racing" with her Daddy.... In reality she'd get SOOOO mad if we tried to help steer so she ran into the wall a lot. Hopefully she's a better driver when she's 16.
And finally, here's Katelyn with Lyla. Katelyn is Jackie's niece and she such a sweetheart who loves Lyla! She has offered many a time to babysit Lyla. And Lyla definitely likes spending time with her! :)












1 comment:
I had to laugh when I saw you did the ice in the bowls! I did that with Josiah too after I saw it! I will post pictures soon!!!
Post a Comment