Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Forward!

For Friday Fun Night, we met Melissa and Nathan at Vallartas for some very yummy Mexican food!  We haven't seen them in so long and we were so glad to hang out with our old neighbor friends, who, we were happy to find out would once again be our neighbor friends very soon!  YAYYYYY!  I have missed them so!  Anywho, after dinner we continued the fun at...the grocery store!  Oh boy!  HA!  Well, I'm just happy to be hanging out with my family so I honestly could care less what we do for fun.
Here's Melissa, Lyla, and me!  Rhett is crazy with the camera and he seriously looks like he's chopping your head off when he's taking a picture...
But obviously, he's not chopping of any heads....
Here's my sweet family....  obviously Ly was not in to this photo shoot... :-)
Saturday Rhett had a softball tournament at church Saturday.  It wasn't our church league, it was an another adult men's league.  Most of the guys played baseball at some point and they take it very seriously.  They just used our field at church to play the tournament.  Anywho, you know how when you think of a "baseball player" you think of good looking guys in tight uniforms.  Yehhhh, well that was NOT what was playing out on our field Saturday.  Oh, they were still wearing the tight uniforms....they just had beer guts to go along with them.  Not attractive.  Rhett was not among the idiots to wear an actual baseball uniform (thank goodness).  Also, a lot of the men were drinking beer BEFORE playing ball!  What the hey!  Isn't beer a depressant?  And don't you need energy to play ball?!  Well, I guess that explained the beer guts.  I was not impressed with the whole experience.  So, Ly and went to my dad's house and hung out there for awhile while Rhett finished up playing.  I have some pictures of our day over on Ly's Tumblr Page.  Saturday night Lyla spent the night with my dad for the first time ever!  More on that later.  Rhett and I went out with my cousins Jackie and Josh and their significant others Cory and Emily to celebrate Josh and Emily's upcoming wedding.  We went to Chili's, The Fish House, and Bamboo Willies.  We had such a great time and laughed so hard...but let me tell you, I have not been out until 2 in the morning in I don't know how long.  We were so tired.  Not to mention the time change took effect so really it was 3 by the time we got home and in bed!  HA!  Whooooo, I am getting old and can't handle those late nights anymore.  Anywho, here's my hubby and I before leaving....   
So as I said earlier, Ly spent the night with Opa for the first time.... and he said it was a SUCCESS!   HA!  He had a little trouble getting her down to sleep, but she eventually fell asleep and slept all night long!  I was so thankful she was good to him!  :)  He said they played, ate dinner (ravioli), watched Barney, he gave Ly a bath, and he put her to bed.  Sounds like another slumber party in the future for Opa!!! :)  When we picked her up Sunday morning before church, she did not want to let go of Opa which I thought was so sweet because he loves her so much.   
When she finally did get down, she immediately ran to my dad's Gator, got on, and demanded someone to sit in the driver's seat to go for a ride!  We had to head on to church so unfortunately she did not get to ride.  
Finally, Lyla told us she was ready to go....
We went to church and then had a nice lunch there after the service.  Sunday afternoon, while Ly slept for like 3 hours, you know Rhett and I were sleeping too!  Trying to make up some of that lost time the night before!  That was nice!  Of course we played outside for awhile after she woke up.  The weekends go by way to fast which is definitely sad, but we had a great weekend and I can't be sad about that!
Oh, and about Ly's upcoming birthday.  I know I haven't mentioned anything about it on here.  You know, about a party.  Well, that's because we're not having a party.  We decided that the only place we'd want to throw a party would be at Chuck-E-Cheese or Triple Play or some place like that, and Ly just doesn't fully appreciate those places yet.  Her birthday is all about her and I want her to have fun!  So, we decided that we're (our families) are going to go to the zoo Saturday April 2nd to celebrate her very special 2nd birthday!  I cannot wait!  I know that she'll LOVE seeing all the animals, she's kind of in that animal loving phase right now so the zoo is perfect!  No party, just fun, family, and zoo animals...and of course, our birthday girl that we love more than life!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Cute pics, Heather (as always!)
I totally LOVE how you are spending Lyla's birthday! I think that is going to be the kind she remembers the best. I want to do the same thing, but then my planning gene kicks in and by the time J's birthday gets here, I have so much party stuff. Hahaha! It's definitely not enjoyable though when you have all the planning stress. I love that y'all are doing her birthday like you are. Super special and meaningful. I need to take a hint from you!