Thursday was Lyla's 2nd Birthday! I know I've said it before, but I cannot believe we have a 2 year old! Where on earth has the time gone? It feels like just yesterday when she couldn't even say "momma" or "dadda" and now she's telling us what she wants and how it is! HA! This really is my favorite age so far (I've said that about every age Ly's been, I know!)...she's so fun to watch and has such a personality! I always say, "she's a mess"! And well, she is. She of course has her temper tantrums (hello terrible twos), but we're learning to work with them and hopefully teach her there's a better way to tell us how she's feeling than by laying on the floor kicking and screaming. :) Anywho, we celebrated Ly's birthday real low key Thursday night. We had family over, ate pizza, opened presents, and sang happy birthday to our sweet girl! Here are pictures from Ly's Bday! She's such a big girl now!
Rhett was watering the plants in our backyard and Ly just "happened" to get wet, so I stripped her down and let her go to town with the water hose. Here she is with her daddy drinking water the good ole country way....
Oh yes, she likes drinking from the hose I think!
I love them...
And of course, Miss Independent HAD to hold the water hose herself....
And yes, she was aiming for me. She is SOOOOOOO my daughter. :)
Presents! And no I really didn't plan the polka dots thing...it just happened to work out that way. :)
And she did not need any help opening presents! Even if we tried, she said, "NO"! That's another word we hear from Lyla often. I find myself in a battle with a two year old where the conversation turns out like this:Me: "Yes"
Ly: "No"
Me: "Yes"
Ly: "No"
Ohhhhh, it's a day-to-day battle with that thing! :)
And this was her favorite toy I think....she loves to draw and color so I'm not surprised....
Happy Birthday to Lyla! She even blew out the candle all on her own. With a little coaxing of course...
No words needed...




No comments:
Post a Comment