Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mimi's Visit!

My mom came to visit this weekend and we had such a great time! We did sooooo very much so basically, I will tell you what we did in pictures.
My mom flew in Thursday night late, so we just went to bed when we got home. Friday morning Lyla awoke (as usual) bright and early! Here's my mom showing Lyla one of the "surprises" she brought. My mom and Charlie have been stocking up on little goodies from here and there to give to Lyla when they see her. She always loves that! Anywho, this little ladybug is so neat! You pop it in the microwave for a minute and it's real warm and snuggly for naptime and/or bedtime! Lyla loves it! :)Friday during the day we decided to go to the Benny Russell Park in Pace. It really is such a gorgeous park! Lyla was tired at first, but then she started to really play and have a good time!
Here we are! Playtime!
She loves it when mommy slides too! :)
Friday night we went to the Tate vs. Milton football game. We had a great time, but unfortunately I didn't take pictures.
Saturday, we decided to go to the pumpkin patch at St. Luke! Last year Ly and I went to a pumpkin patch in South Carolina with my mom, so I was glad we all got to go together again this year (plus Rhett!). Here's my family with the Harvest setup...
Me and my mom with the cute little Halloween girl... My mom and I! We both love visits so very much!
Here's Ly picking out pumpkins...
She loved the little (baby) pumpkins...
After going to the pumpkin patch, we met my Aunt Val and Uncle Terry at Peg Leg Pete's for a very yummy lunch! Rhett, Ly, and I....
The eye patch came with Ly's menu, however Ly would not wear it! Sooooo...Mimi did.
My mom and Aunt Val with Lyla
That afternoon, my mom said, "why don't you try and put Lyla's hair in pigtails"... so I did and it worked! They're very little with not much hair, but they are cute nonetheless! :)
That evening (after the Auburn vs. LSU game of course... 8-0 WDE!) we went to THE FAIR!!!!! YAYYYYYY!
We did lots of fun stuff at the fair... we ate lots of fun fair food, road on a few rides with Lyla (which she loved), went in the petting zoo (where Lyla chased around a baby potbelly pig), and Lyla rode a pony! She loved the pony ride. I practically had to sprint to catch up with her and the pony! The next few pictures were taken with my iPhone so they are not the best quality, but you get the idea.
Here's Rhett riding a ride with Lyla... so very cute! :)
Sunday morning we went to Cracker Barrel to eat breakfast. While there, I found this adorable fairy costume for half off! Sooooo, I decided that Lyla would be a fairy for Halloween! :) Here's my Fairy Princess...
I'm thinking they love eachother just a little.... :)

Tonight we're having my mom's homemade spaghetti (YUM!) and then she leaves tomorrow. :( Tomorrow is also my last day of work at ARC. I start my new job Friday and I thought it would be awesome to have a few days off in between. Sweet! :) I hope everyone had a fantabulous weekend as well!

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Looks like y'all have been having a blast! I cannot believe how grown-up Lyla is looking lately. Don't they grow too fast?!?!?
I am LOVING her Halloween costume. She definitely looks the part of a sweet fairy! :o)

Kimberly Cox said...

I love the fairy costume! Lyla is soooo adorable!!!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Aww, I am obsessed with her halloween costume! She is the cutest little fairy ever. It looks so adorable on her!! And it looks like you guys had an awesome time with your mom! You can tell she really loves her Mimi! Love their photos together, and love all of you!!!!!!!!

Cassie said...

This age is so adorable, she is so expressive! You are amazing to keep up with pictures, outings, family time, and your blog while working! She's a luck girl :)