Monday, November 01, 2010

All Hallows' Eve!

Halloween is by far, my favorite holiday of the year! I love it! I love the weather, the candy, the costumes, the fun, the festivals... I could go on and on. Anywho, this Halloween Lyla was a pretty little fairy princess. I added the princess part but whatev! :) She's always a princess!
She loved loved loved wearing her costume! We will definitely play dress up in it in the future. What was also so fun was getting her ready for trick-or-treating. Along with her costume, I decided to put makeup on her. You know, just a little for fun. Oh she loved it! It just made my heart swell, not because she likes to put on makeup, but because that's something that we can do for fun together...play dress up just mommy and daughter. I loved it! She loved the blush and the pink eyeshadow and the pink lipstick. She was so still and she knew she was so cute! Here she is for picture time before we actually left to go trick-or-treating...
Her fairy wings! :)
Our first stop was my dad's house. We of course had to stop and see him....
Rhett and Ly at my dad's house. I thought her face in this picture was funny... she was caught off guard which usually happens because her mommy is forever snapping pictures!
Peeking around daddy's leg!
My dad letting Ly pick the candy she wanted... as you can see she got a mouth full of candy corn.
We decided to go trick-or-treating in Milestone this year. We heard great things about the decorations on the houses and such so we thought, "Sure, why the heck not?!" and boy, am I so glad we did. That neighborhood has such a cute, small town-like feel and the houses were decorated so well!
Ly was pretty shy at first. She's like her mommy, cautious at first, but then once she's comfortable she lets loose! By the time we were a few houses down, she had this whole trick-or-treating thing down pat! She walked up, grabbed the candy from the people, Rhett and I said thank you for her, and then she was already turned around walking back and around to the next house! It cracks me up how a 1 and 1/2 year old can learn the art of getting lots and lots of candy so fast.
She loved holding her bag too. She even cried when we took it away in fact. She also cried when I took off her fairy wings too. She had a great time dressing up for the night! And Rhett and I loved watching her have so much fun!
The next few photos don't have anything to do with Halloween, they're just randoms.
Here's Ly downing some ravioli. She is getting so good with a fork! It really is amazing watching her development!
When I say she loves her Aubbie, I'm totally not exaggerating.
Playing under the dining room table. She just looks so grown up to me here. I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it's because this is her "spot". She loves to bring toys and play under the dining room table. It's like a fort or something...
And finally, here's me and my girl!
BTW, my new job is going great! It's going to be such a challenge for me, just because of all the information I'm going to have to learn (it's like taking another college class or something). However, with that said, I am finding it all very interesting and that is awesome! I like what I'm doing and the new people I have met so I am very happy with that. I of course miss my baby girl while I'm work....but I'm working to live, not living to work. :)

2 comments:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Your fairy princess was adorable!!!! Looks like yall had a lot of fun!