I am so so so so excited right now! Beyond words!
Today I officially accepted a position with the State of Florida. I will be a Medical Disability Examiner starting October 29th for the Department of Determination Services (DDS). Basically, the jist (and "jist" is exactly what this blurb will be because this job is fo real...I'll have to go through 10 weeks of training before I can actually work a caseload!) of my new job will be getting case files from the Social Security Office of people who have applied for benefits. It will be my job to investigate their claims and determine whether or not they are eligible for benefits. I'm going to have to know a lot of medical lingo as well as a TON of information about Social Security (which, thankfully because of my job now, I already know a good bit).
Anywho, this is definitely going to be a great move for my family. And for that reason I could not be happier! My departure from ARC will be a bittersweet one. ARC was my first "real" job and I've worked there for over 4 years. I have made some amazing friends (Jenny, whom I consider one of my very best friends and someone I can talk to and laugh with about absolutely anything) and I will miss them dearly!!! So, with that said, as the title of this post stated....the Summerfords are in for some mighty big changes in the coming weeks! God is so good!
5 comments:
Congrats Heather!! :)
Congrats!!!! That is awesome. I love all things investigative so I must admit, I am a bit jealous! :o)
You'll do great!!!
That's SO awesome my love! VERY EXCITING! You have a BIG GIRL job! You are right-that job is for real! haha! I am so proud of you, and love you so much!
first of all, thanks for the update :) second, CONGRATS on the new job. I've been praying for you that you would find something that you will love/enjoy and I really hope this is it. I'm so very happy for you. I can't wait to hear ALL about it. Miss you!!!
So excited for you, Heather! You are going to be awesome, and I'm so happy about what this means for your little fam!
Post a Comment