Sunday, June 06, 2010

"You may be the Captin, but I'm the Admiral"!

What a weekend! Busy, as per usual. I'm starting to think our lives will never slow down. I guess I just better get use to it, go along with the flow, and enjoy every minute of it.
Anywho, Friday night we went to one of Rhett's coworker's houses to celebrate Lorraine's (a coworker of Rhett's) retirement. I really do like all of Rhett's coworkers. They all are so funny and nice! Their sense of humors are great!
Here is Lyla meeting little Chloe...she loved the little puppy! And here they all are... all of Rhett's coworkers at DJJ! Saturday morning we were hoping the rain would hold off because we wanted so badly to take Lyla to Sam's Surf City. Sure enough, the rain held off until early afternoon. We had a great time at the cute little water park! It really is perfect for the toddler age group! Lyla also enjoyed the lazy river. We put a life jacket on her, set her on top of me, and we floated on down the river! She loved it! We will definitely be going back soon! :)
Here's Ly and her Daddy enjoying one of the toddler areas....
One of Ly's favorite things... this blue slide!
Daddy and Lyla Bug under the waterfall...
Here's our sweet heart on the couch (which is one of her favorite spots) with her Aubbie! She loves Aubbie! She'll give Aubbie kisses and she can also say Aubbie now. It's sounds like "Auuuuuuu Bee"! So cute!
Sunday after church we went to Wintzell's (a new restaurant downtown where Copelands use to be) with Rhett's parents, Wesley, and my Dad! Oh it was so yummy! Rhett and I had bacon wrapped shrimp that were to die for!
And here we all our (minus me of course)!
This was hilarious!!! They have little sayings ALL over the walls of the restaurant... and this is one Rhett saw and said, "that's the story of my life"! HA!
Oh goodness, here are Rhett and Wesley and little Miss Lyla having a meltdown!
And finally, for those of you who've seen the movie UP! you'll know what I'm talking about. In the movie, Ellie and Carl had a jar labeled Paradise Falls that they collected coins in so that they could save up to take their dream vacation! Well, that got me to thinking about how much I want to take Lyla to Disney in two years (when she's three).... We want to take her and we want to go all out when we do! When Rhett and I went on our honeymoon we stayed in two amazingly themed resorts, did the dining plan (which was so awesome), and had Park Hopper passes for everyday. I want to do the same when we go with Lyla. I want her to experience Disney in an amazing way and in return I can't wait to experience Disney through her eyes! Of course, it's going to cost a pretty penny, so I thought it would be great to start saving! Luckily, we had a large pickle jar just sitting underneath our kitchen sink. I labeled it Disney World, threw a few coins in there, and started our family vacation fund! At first I thought only coins, but then Rhett started adding dollar bills. We both made the agreement that we could never remove money from the jar. I can't wait to see how much we save for our family Disney trip in two years! :)
Here are more pics on Facebook for you Mom:
BTW (which means "by the way" Mom), you really need a Facebook! I think I'll help you with that when we come to see you for a whole entire week next month!!! Whoo hoo! :)

No comments: