We had a wonderful weekend! I am so lucky to have such amazing men in my life! We celebrated Father's Day pretty much the whole weekend, definitely in a low key way.Saturday we went swimming at Rhett's parent's house. It was so stinkin' hot outside! I put tons of sun screen on Ly, but still I always worry about her overheating. Rhett had a great time. He's such a little fishy in the water! Saturday night, Rhett and I had my Dad and his parents over for a yummy cookout. We grilled some bacon wrapped shrimp and chicken and the proceeded to play Family Feud! We had a great time!
Sunday was of course Father's Day, so I got up extra early to make Rhett a "man sized" meal! :) One of the highlights of the day was being able to hand Lyla her Daddy's card and tell her, "Go give this to your Daddy" and she did! He loved that too! He got a card, especially from her. We went to church where there was an extra special service to celebrate all the fathers. After church we went with alot of my family to Mesquite Charlies and celebrated with yummy steaks! After lunch, we all headed over to my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Alan's for HOMEADE ICE CREAM! Oh my yum! I love me some homeade ice cream! After visiting with my family for awhile we went home to relax "just us". For dinner we stuck with a favorite of ours...Pizza Night. I went to Hungry Howies and picked up our usual. The rest of the night was spent playing with our Lyla Grace, who only had a 30 minute nap today!
My crazy and daring husband!
My amazing Dad! I am so thankful that I am his daughter and that Lyla has the opportunity to grow up and experience the love from her Opa! She really is a lucky girl to have such great grandfathers!
Rhett and his Father's Day breakfast. Hash browns, bacon, and scrambled eggs! Oh my! :)
Lyla Grace and her Daddy!
Lyla Grace and her Daddy!





I hope everyone has had a great Father's Day weekend as well!!!
1 comment:
I love that last picture! Sg's fav night is pizza night. We have it every Sunday and she gets so excited when the pizza man comes to the door! she knows what that box means!! :)
Post a Comment