Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Temper Tantrums

And boy do I mean TEMPER TANTRUMS! Our sweet little angel is now starting to pitch fits every single time she does not get what she wants! And, friends, that's alot of fits to pitch. I know the difference between an "I'm hurt" or "I'm not feeling good" cry and a "you didn't give me what I wanted and now my world is over" cry! How do I know the difference? Well, yes, I am her mother and I know when she's really hurt, but also when she's throwing a tantrum she'll just stand there, cry, and shake her head no. It's actually quite funny. However, I know that I need to start trying to nip these little fits in the bud now. We have been told to ignore her when she's throwing these fits and surprisingly that has gotten easier and easier to do. Where we have trouble is in public, like at a restaurant. She'll go limp when we try and pick her up and just start screaming! Oh, Lord help me!
Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad! Between those fits she laughs and plays and giggles and hugs and loves and blows kisses. She just doesn't know the right way to act when she doesn't get her way. I could only imagine if I was told to do something at work that I didn't want to do and my reaction was to stand there, scream, and shake my head no. Heck, sometimes I feel like doing that. Anywho, all that to say we're working on our little Lyla Bug's temper tantrums and trying to teach her that being sweet is the way to go. :)
Playing on her horsey...
"Yes Mom sometimes I can be crabby, but I'm still cute right?!"
Aww, she loves her Aubbie...
And she LOVES to play with her Libby! That's Libby's toy that Lyla's teasing her with!

3 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

she is still just the cutest thing though! lets play together soon! more softball games tomorrow night? we need to go to seville one thursday soon!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I can't believe that sweet angel from heaven would do anything of the sort!!!!!!

Jo said...

That picture of Ly snuggling with Aubbie seriously melts my heart! I love both of them!