Friday, January 01, 2010

Ly's First Christmas

Christmas was so much fun this year! It is always such a special time of the year, but this year with our new addition in attendance, it made it so much more special for us. Rhett and I weren't excited for the presents we would be getting, but we were so excited to see Lyla opening (well, technically Rhett and I opened hers for her) all her presents and playing with her toys. Christmas is such an exciting time with a little one!
Christmas Eve night we went to the candlelight service at our church with is always so beautiful. After the service we went over to my Dad's house and opened presents! My Dad was so cute with what he got Lyla, he was so thoughtful as he got each and every thing. I was with him a couple times as he picked out a few things to get her. He would get out his glasses, read about the item, push the buttons on it for awhile, and basically just make sure that he got the perfect thing. We love Opa because he is so sweet and thoughtful. After opening and playing with the presents we had tuna fish sandwiches for dinner. Yep, that's right. And they were yummy! We wanted to stay for a lot longer, but we had to get home so Santa wouldn't skip over our house! We said goodbye to my Dad, whom we would see the next day, and we left for home!
My Dad, Ly, and I Christmas Eve Night...
Boy, did she love these ring things!
Christmas Day was so very busy and fun! Christmas morning we got Lyla up and took her out to the tree where Santa hooked her up! She was so cute. She of course didn't know what was going on, but she knew it was something different and special. We just played with alot of her toys for a little while until we left for Rhett's parent's house, then my Grandparents, then Rhett's Aunt's house! Yehhhh, it was a jam packed kind of day! I love seeing all our families, and all in one day at that! After Christmas at Rhett's Aunt's house we went home and hurried to finish packing for SC. I hate packing! Anywho, on our way out of town we were able to meet up with Kristi and say goodbye. She gave Ly her present and we hugged for forever! I hate goodbyes. Especially when that person I'm saying goodbye to is my sweet bf Kristi. :(
Her stocking after Santa came...
Santa came! Santa came!
Showing her all the loot Santa brought.
Playing with her activity table...
Rhett's old Santa hat from when he was a little tyke..
Oh and she loved this! It pops balls up and then they roll down the slide thing continuously...she was amazed. And to be honest, so was I.
Christmas night we were South Carolina bound! We thought leaving Christmas night would be best because Lyla would (more than likely) sleep the entire night. Well, she was pretty much not a happy camper for the first couple of hours, but the remaining 8 hours...she slept the entire way. Thank the Lord! We finally got there early Saturday morning and Rhett and I crashed for a couple hours while my Mom played with Ly. My Mom and Charlie (Mimi and Pop Pop) were so excited to see Lyla! They love and miss her so much. I know it is hard on them to live so far away from her (and I suppose us...). Saturday evening we opened presents and man, did Mimi and Pop Pop hook little Lyla up! I am so thankful because the more toys she has, the more they keep her entertained and happy. BTW, I have big plans for our extra room (which is basically a junk room!)...Whenever we come back from South Carolina we're going to start turning it into a play room! I am so excited to start that project because right now, it is a room I do not even like to go in. Anywho, back to Christmas in SC... we had so much fun! We went shopping a couple days, went to the Aquarium, went out to eat at some pretty amazing restaurants, ate some pretty amazing food cooked by my Mom, went to Alligator Adventure which was like a mini zoo, played several board games (always a favorite when we come to visit), and rang in the New Year! We had a great time and as usually, the week we thought was such a long time, passed by so very fast.
My Mom, Ly, and I...Christmas in SC!
YAY!!!
Reading her book. The girl loves books apparently.
3 generations...
All of us!
Out to dinner for my early birthday celebration. We went to a place called Sea Blue and it was spectacular!
Mimi and Pop Pop
A Kobe Ribye...I had never heard of it before, but apparently it's like the best grade of steak. I didn't really know steak had classes. Anywho, this steak melted in your mouth.
Cheers to me and my 27th Bday!
So basically, that's our Christmas in a nutshell. :) I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas as well!
** Links to more pics Mom **

No comments: