Sunday, January 10, 2010

A little of this and a little of that!

Not too much going on. I can hardly remember what went on this past week/weekend, actually. Oh, but it's all coming back to me now...
Monday was The Bachelor: Wings of Love Season Premiere! YAY! I love The Bachelor/The Bachelorette! I love all the drama and let me tell you, The Bachelor has the most drama ever! Hello, 25 women fighting for one guy? Oh yes...that's what I'm talking about! However, the selection of women Jake has to choose from is slim pickings. I think I made a mental that most were either incredibly psycho or desperate or both. I did like Tenley (sp?). Yes, the one that kissed him first. I think she's sweet and I think they're perfect for each other. I can tell already! She is definitely top 3 material!
Thursday night was the National Championship game, which we watched most of at my Dad's house eating lima beans and ham (Mmm!). Rhett and I were rooting for Texas and we kept doing the "Hook em Horns" and at one point every time we did it, Ly would raise her hand as if she was doing it too! Ha ha! That's my girl. Never, NEVER, root for Bama! :) However, they still won. Crap! Oh well, it might actually have been a really good game had Colt McCoy not gotten "hurt"...
Rhett and I were looking forward to Friday night all week long. We planned to have a dinner and movie date night, just us. Friday night we went to Famous Daves and used a gift card we had gotten for Christmas. I <3 Famous Daves. They, to me, have the best BBQ! Anywho, after dinner we went to the movies and used more gift cards. Free date night, sweet! Rhett was kind enough to let me pick the movie (I threw the "it's still sord of my birthday week" card out there), so we watched Daybreakers. I love sci-fi movies, if you didn't already know that. Daybreakers was a vampire flick, but it was a different take on vampire genre. Basically, what if the entire population were vampires and humans were becoming an endangered species? Craziness! I really liked it and Rhett actually said it was pretty good! Score! Rhett's parents babysat the entire night and even let Ly spend the night, so let me tell you...a full night's sleep felt oh so nice.
Saturday was a pretty busy day. We took down all the Christmas decorations and turned our extra guest bedroom/Rhett's "man" room into Ly's Playroom. Ly's Playroom is definitely a work-in-progress. All her toys are in there, but I want to make it so much fun! I want to paint fun things on the walls and put shelves up for her toys and stuff like that. Like I said, a work-in-progress. It will take me forever to do it all. I'll let that be a New Years Resolution as well. Finishing Ly's Playroom. That is if we still live here... Anywho, Saturday night we had steaks at Rhett's parent's house. Yum! We then came home and just relaxed.
Sunday was church in the morning and then lunch with basically my entire fam at Cock of the Walk. Not much else occurred the rest of the weekend. We just played alot with Ly in her playroom.
"Hello"!
Playing in a drawer...Libby is her accomplice.
Lyla is constantly chasing Libby. Libby, however, does not want to play with Lyla...
Ly's Playroom...or at least the start of her playroom. There is so much more I want to do! :)
Where's Lyla?!
Playing, playing, playing! I love that she has fun playing and doesn't need to be constantly entertained.
Oh yes, I wanted to talk about Ly being 9 months old...even though it was two weeks ago. Oops. I am so bad at this! At her 9th month checkup she weighed 20 lbs and was 29 inches long. I think the doctor said 75th percentile for her weight and 95th for her height. She is still crawling, pulling up, and walking around things holding on. She has not stood up by herself or taken any steps without holding onto us or something. She is eating mostly table foods now and she of course, still drinks formula. I am however, trying to wean her off of that slowly, but surely. She babbles alot now. She says "Momma", "Bye Bye", and "Ba Ba" all the time, with "Momma" being her most frequently used word. :) Now that she can say "Momma", I am trying to get her to say "Dadda" too because I know Rhett is dying to hear it. I want him to know what it feels like to hear your "name" after so many months of waiting. On to the sleeping. Oh the sleeping...ugh, I'm wondering if she will ever just completely sleep through the night. We have random (rare) nights where she will sleep through the night, but most of the time she wakes up because the paci fell out of her mouth. We go into her room, put the paci back in, and she goes back to sleep. Any helpful advice from all you moms out there? Or is it too late? Oh, I hope it's not too late! We get sleep, but I would love for her to just love sleep as much as we do. So, that's about all I can think of! Have a great week everyone!
My 9 month (and two weeks!) old girl...
Ly and I. I love being her Mommy.
She's says, "Thank you Aunt Jo Jo for the pjs! I'm finally big enough to wear them"! :)

3 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Well hello, my heart! I love all the new photos of Ly! I can just hear in my mind all the babbling she is doing! She sure was trying to talk to me when I was home. I really think she is the sweetest thing-and have told everyone how she would just let me carry her around everywhere, and didn't fuss a bit. I really love her! She is so sweet! I miss you lots and lots, and can't wait until I get to be with you again!!!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Okay, pacie advice....

You aren't going to like this (I know that because I wouldn't like it if someone suggested it to me...) but, you might need to take it away altogether for now. Just until she learns to sleep without it. The waking will probably be worse at first but, she will soon lose her dependence on it. To calm her down during this "hard" time use the four S's:
-Setting the stage (getting her ready for sleep, dark room, bedtime story, bath, whatever)
-Swaddling (might be hard to re-implement if you've stopped by now)
-Sitting (in her dark room with her without talking or physically stimulating her...just to calm her down and get her ready to lay)
-Shush/pat (spending an extra few minutes loudly shushing and patting her back if she gets fussy...don't pick her up unless you just can't take it anymore)

anyway, that is just what has worked for us, and is suggested by the Baby Whisperer. Now Charleigh sleeps with her pacie but if it falls out, she stays asleep :)

Good luck!

Heather said...

Oh thank you Christi! We just might try to do without the paci, because that is what wakes her up! When it falls out she knows it. Soooo, we'll see how it goes... :)