Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Gratefulness

This may be a random post of my random thoughts but here goes...
I've always loved to browse other people's blogs. I of course read my friend's blogs (or acquaintances, whatever) over to the left all the time, but I also love to read blogs from people that I don't know. Blogs are great. Even if you don't know someone that well or at all, you can get so much out of reading their blog. With family and friends, it's awesome because I can know what's going on even though the distance between us may be great, it doesn't have to feel that way. When I read the blogs of people I don't know, most of the time I get addicted to the ones that are about children (usually around Lyla's age because I can better relate) and the craziness that having kids entails. Well, I've found a couple of blogs that I am addicted and that are such an inspiration to me.
(1) The Sullivans This blog makes me cry almost every time I read it. Talk about pain, joy, sadness, heartbreak, and hope all taking place with one family, all within one year. Sara, who battled breast cancer, gave birth to a beautiful little girl. She and her husband both thought she beat the cancer and that they were in the clear. Until she had a stroke and died only a couple days after having had her baby. Now her husband is not only dealing with the grief of losing his soul mate so suddenly, he is now left to raise and care for an infant all on his own. I could not imagine losing Rhett. He is my partner, my teammate, my soul mate...the thought of raising Lyla without him scares me. However, Sara's husband continues to blog and even through his grief you can see such hope and faith. Anywho, their story is a truly inspirational one. I'd advise you read their entire story. You won't regret it.
(2) Katie's Keepers This is another blog I find myself reading and checking daily. This family shows amazing faith in the face of complete despair. The Rowe family lost their daughter Reese (I love that name!) days after she was born. Again, something I cannot bare the thought of...losing Lyla. Katie continually blogs about how difficult it is to go through life everyday, but she always has a positive outlook and knows that God will get her through this. She is completely honest with her feelings, you can feel her pain and it really is heartbreaking.
Reading their stories breaks my heart. Over and over again. I could not imagine going through the pain they have gone through. It makes me incredibly grateful to have the love of my life helping me raise our daughter. Basically, I know that my life has not had any difficulties that even remotely compare to the stories of these blogger families. I guess I just wanted to say be grateful for what you have, because someone is always in more pain than you. What's my resolution for the New Year? I am going to try and be more optimistic and grateful about life in general and enjoy the time I have with the ones I love.

4 comments:

TY MARLO MIA BO said...

Heather, Hey it's funny you wrote a blog about this cause I've been reading yours for a while (I first came to yours through Jill Manny's) and I also read those same blogs you listed! I find such inspiration in their blogs. There are a few more you might like:
http://laurensblog.greenfamily.net/ -A couple who lost their quads due to prematurity.
http://lilyanncarr.blogspot.com/
-A dad in a similar situation as the Sullivans. They are here in Cincinnati, where I am!
and finally...
http://tytjregan.blogspot.com/
That's my blog :)
I've enjoyed reading your blog because our daughters were both born in March! I should've introduced myself sooner, months ago! You guys are an adorable family :)

Kimberly Cox said...

Heather,

Thanks for sharing. Ive been so down today and just reading the Sullivan blog broke my heart and made me feel selfish for the trivial things that were getting me down. It amazes me how wise he is and how much faith he has.. he is such a strong man!

Heather said...

Hi Ty and Marlo's mom- What is your name? :) I tried looking through your blog to find it, but basically, I just didn't! Anywho, thank you for posting those two blogs...I looked through them and I will definitely be keeping up with them as well. I think I like reading the blogs of people who have had it tough hoping that good things will eventually happen in their lives to replace the heartache. Their stories just make me want to become a better, more positive person. BTW, your children are adorable! Marlo and Lyla are the same age and I love to read about babies that are so close to her age! It's so fun and addicting! Anywho, it's so nice to meet you! :)
Kim- I know what you mean! Whenever I read those blogs it makes me just think that the things in my life that aren't so great really are nothing to complain about! I don't know how people continue to function with such hope and positivity. I love browsing blogs! If you have any random ones that you read, let me know because I might like them too! :)

TY MARLO MIA BO said...

Heather,
Ha! Sorry-My name is Sarah-nice to meet you! :)

I don't blog nearly as often as you do but when I do they tend to be really long and full of pictures.
Do you also read ThePioneerWoman? She is soo much fun!
Talk to you soon...
Facebook maybe?