Tuesday, June 23, 2009

3 Month Update!

Whoa! My girl's big! Well, not really big per say but she is getting so old!! =) I cannot even believe she is 3 months old! Let's see, where to begin...I am no longer breastfeeding. Little Lyla is now a formula fed baby. Mainly because I went back to work full time and I did not want to spend all my time off pumping. Pumping stunk for me, I would only pump like 3-4 ozs a sitting and my little piggy was eating 5 ozs!! Supplementing had to take place! Anywho, she likes the formula...the only bad thing is of course, the price. Oh well. Such is life. She's definitely a growing girl! I think she's been going through a growth spurt because she is always hungry and always eating about 5 ozs, if not more a sitting. About 3-4 weeks ago, she weighed about 10.5 ozs, so I'm guessing she weighs about 11.5 ozs or somewhere there abouts. She's also wearing size 2 diapers. They are a little tiny bit big on her, but the size 1's leak...so up a size we went! Oh, and let me just say her poop has soooo changed! Now that she's on formula it's like peanut butter whereas it use to be real loose. I know, TMI! And it stinks so bad! HA! Just thought I'd throw that in there. =)
My little Lyla is really starting to come along developmentally. She's reaching and grabbing for things now like stuffed animals I put in front of her and of course, my face! She hasn't rolled all the way over yet, but she is getting there. We'll lay her in her crib facing one way and when we go back to get her she's facing a completely different direction. Soon I think she will just flip on over to her stomach. Speaking of the crib, that is where she sleeps the majority of the time now. YAY for that!! She does not, however, sleep through the night yet. We will have random nights here and there where she'll sleep through the night, but most nights she'll wake up around 3ish and want to come sleep with us. Once she is in the bed next to one of us, she'll go right back to bed. My theory is that she wakes up, realizes we're not there, and wants to be next to her mommy and daddy! Anywho, we get plenty of sleep so it's okay. Ohhh, but I cannot wait for the day when she starts sleeping through the night consistently!! I will be one happy momma!
Her personality has really taken on a life of it's own. She smiles alot more and cries alot less. Now, that certainly does not mean she doesn't cry...my little girl definitely lets you know when she is not happy. However, she's happier more often then she is sad and it is so much fun! She has also started to squeal...not an "I'm mad" squeal, but an "I'm super happy" squeal. Those squeals are too cute. She will also sit for long periods of time just checking things out whereas she use to get bored real quick and start fussing. She's growing up! Her smiles melt my heart. There is nothing better in the world to me then going to pick her up after a long day at work and having her smile when she sees me. It's amazing. Rhett says the same thing...she'll be crying her eyes out one minute and then look at you and just give you the biggest grin. It's kind of funny. Her favorite thing ever to do is "supergirl". That's where anyone (mostly Rhett's dad, Rhett, or me) take her and "fly" her around the house or wherever we are. She puts her arms back and opens her mouth and just loves it. I told Rhett she's going to grow up thinking she can fly.
Well, I think that's about all the updates and changes she's went through over the past month that I can remember. Something different and new happens every single day now. Sometimes I'll be sitting there playing with her and I'll just see a different look in her eyes, one that I've never seen before...a more focused look. She's growing up. It's kind of sad in a weird way because she's no longer a newborn baby and those "focused" looks are the proof.
I know I take so many pictures, but it's because I don't want to forget a moment of her life. I want to look back on these photos when I'm 90 and remember the way she looked when she was "supergirl". I also want her to look back on them and laugh and say, "MOM! I can't believe you put me in that"! Oh, and I know she will because I did it to my mom. That's the circle of life. I just want to remember all of these crazy, amazing moments. I'm so scared her childhood will pass as fast as mine did...and I really can't bare the thought of her growing up that fast. I keep telling myself to enjoy life, no matter what's going on or wrong or whatever...just enjoy and cherish every moment.

3 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

yay! thanks for the update! she is getting just SO big! and I love the poop explanation. it is sooo true. formula poo is way diff. The baby I used to sit for was formula fed and her poop nearly killed me whereas I can barely smell KP's. ha! i hope I get to see her again soon!

Jo said...

You are SUCH a sweet mama. I just thought I should let you know! I love you so much and am inspired by you.

PS... I will post a belly pic in the next few days, I promise. I have to wait for a day when my hair looks good.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Lyla bug really is getting so big! I can't believe she is 3 months old either! Thanks for posting about all the things she is doing now, and for posting so many photos! I don't feel as though I am missing quite so much! I hope you get your phone back soon so I can call and hear your voice though!!! I really, really miss you and want to hear more about your girl. I love you!!!!