Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What a roller coaster!


This past weekend was such a great weekend! I was just so happy! My mom and Charlie drove down for the weekend and Rhett's Aunt Kay, Uncle Steve, and Cousins Lauren and Stevie came in town as well. We got to spend a lot of good quality family time together.
Friday night after everyone got in town we all went over to Rhett's parent's house to eat boiled shrimp and steak! Rhett's Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins met Lyla for the first time and we all just sat around and caught up. Mostly, we laughed and gawked over little Lyla. She's just so cute.
Saturday me, my mom, Charlie and Lyla went to eat at Famous Dave's BBQ. Basically, that's my new fav place to eat! I love love love their BBQ sauces! Yummm...anywho, after that we went to Wally World (Walmart) and got Lyla a little pool and a floaty thing (which is WAYYY to big for her). We then went over to Rhett's parent's house and went swimming! We are definitely trying to get Ly use to the water. I want her to be a water baby and I want her to be able to swim since her grandparents have a pool, just for safety and all. Lyla liked her little swimmy pool with the canopy over it and she also liked the big pool. After swimming we all got ready and went to eat at Coach N Four. Another yum! I love that place! My mom, Charlie, Rhett, Lyla, and I went back home and just hung out and spent some time together and of course, we played some board games and dominoes! We love our game nights!
Sunday was Lyla's Baptism day!! It was so special and she was so very good! I was a proud momma! A ton of our family came to support her and after church we all went out to eat at Cock of the Walk. Yet another yummm! I mean geez, do we know how to eat or what?! =) Anywho, we said goodbye to Rhett's relatives because they were heading back home. We went home and tried to spend as much QT with my mom and Charlie as we could! I hate it when they leave! Mom and I went to Walmart and printed out I think about 300 photos (doubles, one set for me and one for her). We stood there for like an hour. It was funny. I just love taking pics, I can't help it! Sunday night we played more games and had a good ole time. My mom and Charlie basically just held Lyla the entire weekend.
Monday morning came and I was a depressed little girl. #1 My mom and Charlie were leaving, #2 I had to go back to work, and #3 I had to leave my Lyla Grace all day long. It just stunk really bad. I know I am lucky to have Rhett's mom watch her, but I want to be the one to see her grow and see all her changes. So, basically that's why I'm looking for a PT job. I don't give a hoot what it is, I just want to be able to spend more time with my daughter. I can't even begin to imagine (and I don't want to!) how much I'll miss of her growing up working full time. I know there are alot of moms out there who work full time and raise babies, but I just don't have the heart for it. Of course, it's not for sure yet because I have to find a job and Rhett and I have to work out the details financially speaking, but I am definitely in the market for a PT job. Soooo, basically that's been my weekend. It was an emotional roller coaster. I went from so unbelievably happy to downright sad and depressed. It was easier leaving her today, but I still think about her and look at pics all day long and count down the hours until I can go pick her up!
Me, Rhett, and Lyla after the service
My mom, Lyla, and I after her Baptism
Daddy and Lyla Grace
My dad and his granddaughter
Lyla's Baptism
Mimi giving Lyla a bath! Well, this was after the bath...they were just playing...
My family at Coach N Four

My mom and Charlie and the little whale Lyla!
Rhett's Cousin Stevie and Lyla
Rhett's Cousin Lauren and Lyla
My happy little girl
Swimming!! =) Sorda...
Mimi and Pop-Pop with little Lyla

No comments: