
Easter weekend was so very nice, relaxing, and fun! Saturday night Rhett and I went out on a date while Rhett's parents babysat little Lyla. Rhett called his mom early Saturday and asked if they wouldn't mind watching her for a couple hours that night and his mom squealed (I could hear her even though she wasn't on speaker phone) and said "Ohhh, you want us to babysit??! Of course"! Needless to say I don't think they look at babysitting as an inconvenience. Thank goodness! =) Rhett and I had a nice dinner out and we were going to go see a movie but we missed out Lyla too much so we went to pick her up. Rhett's parents said they didn't even get to change a diaper or give her a bottle. Oh well, there's always next time! =)

Of course Sunday was Easter! Rhett, Lyla, and I went to church and got to celebrate the special day and see all my family. It's so neat having a cute little baby girl, everyone at church loved her and thought she was a cutie in her little yellow Easter dress. Lyla was very good throughout the service (it was her first time at church) and only fussed a little tiny bit (of course during prayer time), but we stuck the paci in her mouth before it became a full-blown scream! After church we went to Rhett's parent's house where all of his family gathered for Easter lunch. Lyla was held by her Grandpa, Grandma, and Uncle Wesley the entire time. They are just in love with her. I just love my family. After a huge lunch and a short nap on the couch, Rhett, Lyla, and I went home and spent the rest of the day on the couch watching movies. We watched The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and man let me tell you, that is one depressing movie. So, basically the weekend was oh so lovely and I was so sad when it was over because Rhett had to back to work today. So now, it really is just me and Lyla. It's been a good day so far! She ate and has been napping ever since! However, I'm fixing to have to wake her up to eat again and get her and myself ready to leave for her 3 week check up. I believe this is the appointment where she gets a bunch of fun shots (my poor baby!) so we shall see how this experience goes! =)


1 comment:
Oh what a sweet Easter dress! Can you even believe that she is HERE and YOURS!
Post a Comment