Anywho, we had such a great week. My mom and Charlie were able to spend pretty much every waking moment with their new granddaughter. Both of them of course fell in love with her. Even though we had our little newborn Lyla we were still able to do fun stuff like go out to eat and shop. We even went to a couple baseball games (so Lyla could see her daddy). Lyla has been so very good when we go out. She may fuss a little, but she pretty much calms down when you give her her paci or pick her up and love on her (which I don't mind at all!). She's also really good in her car seat (thank goodness!) and usually just falls asleep to the sound and vibrations of the car moving. My mom showed me and Rhett how to give Lyla a bath that she actually enjoys. Rhett and I tried to use a baby bath tub thing in the big tub, but she was not having any of that. The way she had to sit in the tub really did look uncomfortable and I doubt I would have liked it either. So my mom showed me how to wash her in the sink, that way she's in the warm water throughout the whole bath (in the baby tub she was kind of sitting out of the water). Lyla loved it! I am so happy about that! Also during the week Lyla has been gradually sleeping more and more in her crib (she's napping there now in fact), which we are so happy about. We want her to love her crib as much as she loves our bed! Basically, we had a fabulous weekend with Lyla's Mimi and Pop-Pop! They helped us out so much and we definitely miss them! We miss our very own personal chefs and handyman Charlie! =)
Oh, I was also going to say how it's so funny that I love it when Lyla naps because I am able to get a little rest and get some stuff done...but after she's been napping for awhile I begin to miss her so much! Almost to the point where I want to wake her up! Ohhhh, but I don't! I'm no idiot! Never wake a sleeping baby, right?! =) She's just so sweet and I love her so much, I just want to look at her all the time. Being a parent is so awesome!
Lyla loves her Pop-Pop!

1 comment:
It really looks like you guys had a great time together! I know it's so hard to say goodbye to your mom, and probably even harder when you AND Lyla are saying goodbye to her! Remind me what weekend her baptism is, because Justin and I are seriously coming in town for that! I love you guys!
Post a Comment