Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mommy and Me

Lyla and I went to our first Mommy and Me class at Sacred Heart Hospital. We had such a good time and it was so nice to get out and be able to talk to other moms of young babies. Here's a couple things I learned:
* Breastmilk is apparently a cure-all liquid. I was informed that if Lyla gets an eye infection then I should put a couple drops of breastmilk in her eye and it will help clear it up. Crazy huh?!
* I am not the only mother who's child is not sleeping in their crib. In fact, some of the mothers say that their babies love their car seat so much that they sleep in that at night. Whatever works!
* I am very lucky that breastfeeding is going so well for Lyla and I. Alot of the mothers in my class are having a difficult time with it. Thank goodness Lyla is a piggy.
* Lyla is now 9 lbs 12 ozs....like I said, she's a piggy. She has a duck and a cow outfit and now all she needs is a piggy!!
* Alot of mothers have the Soothie pacies for their babies! Apparently they are very popular! I know Lyla loves her Soothie.
* Two other moms in my class told me that they wanted to name their daughter Lyla/Lila too! However, they said their husbands would not allow it. Hmm...
* I think there were like 10 moms in my class and out of those 10, only 2 gave birth vaginally. Everyone else had a C-Section. C-Sections are quite abundant these days.
And finally,
* On the way to the class I learned that I am truly becoming a mom! Lyla was in her car seat facing backwards and she lost her paci and started to cry. So, while I was still driving and looking forward I reached behind in her car seat, found her paci, found her mouth, and put that thing back in! All without looking! =) He he...oh, the things I am proud of now!
Anywho, Lyla and I will definitely be attending the Mommy and Me classes from now on!

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Hey my amazing best friend whom I miss every single day...well, good news, we finally have internet in Moroto!! Woo Hoo! This means I should get a daily fix of my little niece! I just love her so much, despite the smallest detail that I haven't met her yet! :) I love your last two posts. I love what you wrote about yours and Rhett's relationship, and that the love you have for Lyla overflows into your marriage. I can't wait to experience that..someday! I also love all the details of your mommy and me classes. You are such a pro at being a mommy already.
I really miss you and love you...its crazy how much. I wish I could see you in action with Lyla. I know you are such an amazing mom. Oh, and please tell Rhett's dad not to worry, I will bring my keyboard playing skills home soon so I can accompany his amazing guitar playing!! "Country Roads" anyone? haha! I miss fun times with you!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Hey, keep passing all that wisdom you are getting down to the rest of us...I need to register and now plan to register for Soothie Pacifiers! haha