
I cannot believe my little girl is over a month old! She's growing up so fast! Well, she's still real small, but I can tell that she's getting bigger and bigger everyday! She holds her head up pretty good and she absolutely loves to be sitting up straight so she can look around and check things out. That is, when she's awake. She takes a couple of long naps during the day and she sleeps pretty well at night, getting up about one to two times a night to eat. It's not too bad getting up to feed her at night because after she eats she goes right back to sleep so that's great. However, sometimes her little belly hurts her and there is no going right back to sleep if that's the case. That's when I wake Rhett up and say "here ya go"! =) But the reality is, when she's screaming her little head off no body gets much sleep. Hopefully in the near future she'll start sleeping through the night. Oh what a good morning that will be!! Hmm, let's see....she's now into Size 1 diapers and she's so sneaky. Whenever I take her diaper off to change her she pees. So I have learned to keep a diaper underneath her at all times. She also usually poops two times in a row so I have to do the same thing (keep a diaper under her) if she has a poopy diaper because I know another ones comin! And man, when she poops it sounds like an explosion! It's hilarious! My little sweetie can also fart with the best of them. She'll let one loose and Rhett will say, "was that you?" to me and I will then inform him that it was his lovely daughter. She's getting better at burping after eating. The first couple of weeks I didn't think she would ever burp, but ohhhhh I should have known that any child of mine was going to be a good burper! At her last pediatrician appointment her doctor told me that Lyla needs tummy time everyday to help build her upper body strength so she will be able to crawl. So Lyla has been having tummy time everyday and I am surprised to say that she actually enjoys it. That's what she's doing in the picture above. She is also fitting and sitting better in her Bumbo. I love it when she sits in it, she's so cute! And as far as me and my recovery from having a child...it's been pretty good. I'm not sore anymore and I'm losing a little bit of weight. Yay. However, I don't think I will ever wear a two piece bathing suit again. Maybe one of those bathing suits that's like a tank top, but no bikinis!! Lord, no bikinis!! =)
Lyla Grace in her pink Bumbo and her mommy being crazy and taking an insane amount of pictures!
3 comments:
McKenzie pees when I change her all the time too!
I totally agree on bathing suits. I told Jason the other day I was going to be a one piece girl from now on. I'm still a little sore, but hopefully that goes away soon. I get really tired if I do things though. Are you like that too?
Hey my heart. I love the updates. I didn't know little girls did the peeing thing either...I thought that was all boy!! She's so adorable. I love the photos of her in the bumbo! Keep the updates coming, I love reading about how my sweet niece is doing! I love you both!!!
Okay so you probably already know all this but growing up with such a huge family has given me some quick fix knowledge so, just in case you can use any of them:
If baby is crying after eating (aka: gas), Mylacon drops are the BEST and if you hold her ankles and push her knees repeatedly into her belly, it will help her release some of that gas (or at least ease her pain at the moment)
Hope Lyla is able to keep up the poots and burps! haha
Post a Comment