Sunday, May 06, 2007

A Birthday, Shopping, Grey Hounds, and Crawfish!! YAY!


The fun of this weekend started Thursday night for Kristi's birthday!! We went to the Oar House and just enjoyed the atmosphere and each other's company. Sometimes you just need a girl's night (well, minus Ruco!!).
Friday night was kind of boring at first because Rhett was on his way home from a track meet in Orlando (he had to chaperone), so I took a nap. When he finally got home we went with his parent's and ate at Petrellas....yummmmm.
Saturday we went to the mall to find wedding gifts for our parents and grandparents. It was a very productive day, we were able to put yet another check mark on our wedding to do list. Saturday night Rhett and I went to the Greyhound Park and just had so much fun! We love discussing which dog we think will win, and most of the time we are both wrong. Rhett seemed to pick the dog that came in last place every time!! I said, "You're not allowed to bet anymore"!! Yeah, and don't get us wrong....we're not betting $50 a race here or anything...try $2 a race. So luckily, even when we lose...we don't really lose because we're walking away having had a great time.
Sunday was the best day! We went to the Crawfish Festival downtown! Now, I'm not a crawfish fan, but Rhett absolutely loves them! So, whenever there is a crawfish festival we are there! They even had crawfish racing, which was quite amusing to watch! Anywho, this weekend was alot of fun. Tomorrow is mine and Rhett's first premarital counseling session, yayyyy....ha ha, hopefully it will be very enlightening. Also, I am definitely looking forward to two weeks from now when Jo and Danielle will be here! YAY! Have a great week everyone!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Rhett and his buddy the crawfish, who he ate...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Now that's a lot of crawfish! I just like the corn and potatoes!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me, Rhett, and the crawfish.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I don't like crawfish!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The best part, crawfish racing!

2 comments:

Brandi and Tim said...

Heather! I went to the crawfish festival Sunday also! We are always doing the same things except we never see each other. Boo! I'm glad you had such a fun weekend!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I wish we would have gone with you guys last weekend, it looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I just love you!