The time has come to post about Max's birth. I cannot believe his birth has already come and gone. I have been waiting for him to get here for what seems like forever and well, he's here! Rhett is currently laying on the couch watching Nascar while holding Max. Lyla is all up in to everything as usual, but I believe that she is adjusting nicely to having a little brother. We are trying to show her a lot of attention as well, so no jealousy ensues, but that's probably inevitable. I will say this, she loves her brother. She is always wanting to hold "her baby" and she's always talking about her brother "Baby Max". It really melts my heart and truly, my heart has doubled in size since his birth. I love both of my babies so much.
Anywho, on to his birth! A couple doctor's visits ago, we scheduled my c-section tentatively for August 12th. Whether or not he came before that was totally up to him, and basically, he decided that he was staying put. I must be a comfortable oven because Lyla didn't want to come out either! Sunday night I actually slept quite well. I was ready, beyond ready! We woke up bright and early at 4 am, got ready, and headed to the hospital. It was time to get set up and ready for the c-section to start. That is always the most nerve racking part! Rhett couldn't be in the room while I was getting the epidural. That part was scary as heck, but really, I barely felt a thing. They really build it up, i.e. "You may feel intense pressure" or "this will feel like a bee sting, only worse"... yada yada yada. It wasn't bad at all. Finally, once I was all set up and ready, Rhett came in the room and the surgery started. Max was born a few minutes later at 7:36 am weighing 7 lbs. 10 ozs. and he was 19 & 3/4 inches long. I remember looking at Rhett after they pulled Max out and we both had tears in our eyes. I rarely (if ever) see Rhett tear up. The only other time was probably when Lyla was born. There is just such a sense of relief when you hear your baby cry for the first time. Everything's okay, he's out, and he's ours. It's such an emotional moment. They brought Max out from around the curtain and the first thing I noticed (besides of course that he was beautiful) was his blonde hair! What the heck! Haha! Blonde! Lyla came out with the darkest hair and now our little boy comes out with blonde hair. So funny. You really just never know. Rhett's mom said that Rhett was born with blonde hair, so I'm assuming that Max's hair will eventually turn just as dark as his Daddy's. Whatever the case may be, I am in love with him and his blonde locks! He is beautiful! BTW, I've gotten a lot of "milkman" jokes for that blonde head of hair Max has. :) After getting me all stitched back up, they wheeled me in to recovery where I was finally able to hold and nurse Max. Feeding has been going great! He latched on right away and we haven't had a problem since. He's a good little eater. Recovery after a c-section is most definitely the hardest part. The entire first day, I was laid up in bed, which is hard for a busy body like me. I hate being immobile. I wanted to get up and help with the diapers and such, but well, I couldn't. Tuesday, the next day, I had to make the ever dreaded effort of getting up out of bed. O-u-c-h. Anyone who's had a c-section can join me on this, THAT is the most painful part of the entire process. But it has to be done. You have to get up and get moving to really start the healing process. After that ordeal was over, it was all downhill from there. I felt better and better after each day. I loved having a lot of our family and friends come and visit and meet baby Max in the hospital. We felt so loved. Thursday morning, we were finally discharged and able to go home. The first couple of days at home have been a learning experience. Last night has been our best night so far. We all got a good amount of sleep which was lovely! I told Rhett I really just want to try and enjoy and treasure every newborn moment of Max's life, because this will more than likely (99.9% sure) be it for us. The good and the bad, I just want to treasure it all. So, that's about it! Here are a bunch of pictures from Baby Max's arrival....
39 weeks and 1 day! Ready to get things going!
Daddy cutting Max's cord! Welcome to the world Max Hayden! We love you!
Daddy holding Max's little hand...
Meeting Max...Welcoming the newest addition to our family. We are in love for sure!
Mimi and Pop Pop with their grandson! We are so happy that they were able to come down and celebrate Max's birth with us!
Lyla meeting her baby brother....she doesn't quite know what to think of him.... :)
Opa meeting and holding Max. My Dad has been such a great help! Bringing us dinner and keeping me company and such. I love my Dad, don't know what I'd do without him!
Lyla holding her brother for the first time. I think this is when it finally hit her that he was HER baby brother. She hasn't stopped asking to hold him since. :)
Me and my little guy...
Proud Daddy!
Holding Max again! She loves holding him! But not when he cries! And when she's had enough with holding him, she'll say "Okay, I am done". She's been a big help too, getting diapers and wipes for Mommy and Daddy. We love our big girl!
Hey Little Bro!
Max Hayden Summerford. We are so happy that God chose us to be your parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment