We are home with Baby Max and now we are just adjusting to life with a preschooler AND a newborn.
This week was big for Lyla, she started VPK!!! She's going to Gonzalez UMC Child Enrichment Center. It's very cool because I know a few other moms who have children in Lyla's class. It's so neat to think that they will grow up together, with people I knew and went to school with. That's how it happens though I suppose. :) Lyla loves school! She's shy just like her Mommy was at that age, but she really loves her teachers and the other kids in her class. Now, trying to get information from her about what she did during the day at school is another story....she is like a vault! I'll say, "Lyla, what did you do in school today", and she'll say, "Nothing". Ummm, pretty sure you did SOMETHING! And then she'll laugh. She thinks it's funny. She is something else. I love her so much! She also instructed Rhett and I to take care of Baby Max while she's at school and to make sure he doesn't cry. She's a great big sister! So protective. I am so happy that she loves her little brother.
As for Max, I think we're getting to know each other quite well. He's figuring us out and we're figuring him out. At night, he sleeps for about 2-3 hours, wakes to eat, and then goes back to sleep for another 2-3 hours. This repeats until we wake up. Actually, that cycle pretty much repeats throughout the day. He's a newborn, sleeping and eating is pretty much it right now! Ha ha! We've gone out a few times (to eat and to the doctor) and he's done really well on those outings Rhett's mother has been such a blessing because she has been sitting with me and helping me take care of Lyla (entertain Lyla is more like it), because this Momma is still healing from major surgery. It's football season and Rhett's also back at work, so I'm pretty much here alone until about 7 pm. Chasing after a 4 year old is real hard right now, especially when I'm in pain. It's so awesome to have family here to help. I honestly have no idea what I would do without them! Max's first doctor's appointment is Monday and I can't wait to see how much weight he's gained since leaving the hospital. Hopefully, he's back to his birth weight.
Anywho, the first week with our little guy at home has been pretty darn good. Exhausting of course, but good. I am LOVING this time off with my babies! Wish it would last forever, but I know it won't so I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it!
Mammy, Lyla, and Max.
Big sister Lyla ready for her first day of VPK! Love her so much!Homework on the first day! That's okay, it was fun! :)
My sweet, sweet babies. I don't know what the heck Rhett and I did to deserve these two, but man, I am so grateful. I can't wait to watch them grow up together...
No comments:
Post a Comment