This weekend went by WAYYYYY too fast, as the weekends usually do. As you'll see from my post, I didn't take too many pictures on my "big" camera. I did however, take a few more pictures on my iPhone and I post those on Lyla's Tumblr Page pretty frequently. Anywho, onto our weekend...
Friday night is Family Fun Night around these parts. We've definitely deemed it Family Fun Night because both Rhett and I look forward to Fridays all during the work week, so we always enjoy doing something fun as a family our first night off on the weekend. This Friday night we did what Rhett wanted to do...we went to a baseball game at Tate. We ate hot dogs, french fries, cheese sticks, and lots of coke! Lyla actually enjoyed watching the game (and eating) and she even clapped when balls were hit or plays were made (however, often times it was for the other team...oops.). We had a nice night.
Saturday Rhett fished in a fishing tournament all day long. Ly and I "slept in", but I don't think I can really say that. Ly woke up at 6:15 am, I put her in bed with me (Rhett was already long gone!), and I tried to get her to go back to sleep but she wasn't having it. We stayed in bed for an hour before I finally gave up. While Ly watched Barney, I made scrambled eggs for breakfast to start the day. After we got all ready we went over to my dad's for lunch. Guess what we had for lunch? HOT DOGS! I can't get away from those things! HA! Ly loves hot dogs so she certainly didn't mind. Anywho, after lunch we came back home so Ly could take her nap. God must have answered my prayer for Lyla to be chill that afternoon because she took a 3 hour nap! Oh that was nice! When Rhett got home from his tournament, it was time for us to go to the Valentine's Day dinner at our church. I didn't think Rhett was going to make it in time to go, but thankfully he got home just in time. He got ready the fastest he's ever gotten ready in his life (with a little push from yours truly) and we were off! Lyla went too and stayed in the nursery while we enjoyed a nice steak dinner. The picture above is of Rhett and I at the dinner and the one below is my dad and I...
Sunday we went to church and then to Cock of the Walk for lunch. We tried to go to Tokyo for lunch, but sadly, they are closed for Sunday lunch. Boo. Lyla enjoyed the ducks and chickens none the less. That afternoon, after Ly's nap, we took her to the park and then came home and took a walk around the neighborhood. I definitely try and get Ly outside as much as possible because I definitely think the sunshine and fresh air are healthy! And she surely loves to be outside! For dinner I picked up KFC and we had a nice, simple meal at home. Lyla loves corn-on-the-cob and I must say, I love watching her eat it! :)
The weekends absolutely fly by now-a-days. I'm learning to take every moment in and enjoy it to it's fullest!




No comments:
Post a Comment