Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happiness is all around!

As usual, what with Lyla , work, and all, we've been pretty busy. It's hard for me to post more than once a week these days. And it may get worse soon... here's hoping. Anywho, on to what's been going on with our fam this past week...Lyla received a hand-me-down (aren't hand-me-downs the best thing ever?!) vacuum cleaner toy from my cousin Josh's fiance's (Emily) niece (Riley). She loves the thing! I'm secretly trying to get her prepped for housework. Just kidding...yeh, no I'm not really kidding actually. If she likes vacuuming, than what's the problem?! :)
It even sings about how fun housework is, which cracks me up because it's so deceiving...
Lyla also loves to play tug-o-war with Aubbie. She cries when Aubbie wins... which happens pretty much every game of tug-o-war between the two of them.
Friday night we just chilled around the house. Rhett got home around 7:30 ish that night because, that's right ladies and gentlemen, it's football season! So that means the times I see my husband during the week are few and far between. Yippeee. Can you sense my enthusiasm? Anywho, football practice went in to full swing this week. Rhett got home late Friday night so we were both just exhausted. I picked up Popeye's and we ate a yummy fried chicken meal at home. Nicccccce.
Saturday we decided to go the beach. I knew that it might and probably will be the last time we go this year. It was super hot, but the water felt wonderful! Ly wasn't really into the beach today. She was crabby so we didn't stay long at all, which ended up being a good thing because on our way to the car and back home it started to down pour. Perhaps Ly sensed that rain was coming and tried to warn us by pitching a fit so we would leave? Yeh, that's it. Anywho, we got some pretty pics out of the trip though...
HA! This was Ly running up to my legs wanting me to pick her up...she had had enough.
Not a very happy camper.... Once we got home from the beach, we all bathed because we were all so very nasty! I hate the way I feel when I come back the beach. All slimy and sandy. Anywho, for dinner tonight we went to Beef O'Bradys to see Ly's Uncle Wesley. After Beefs Rhett and I went to Blockbuster (I know right, who still rents movies from Blockbuster??! US) and rented a couple movies. I rented the first couple episodes of True Blood to see if I could get into it. I like vampire flicks and shows so I don't know why I wouldn't like this one. Anywho, we shall see.
These next few pics are mostly for my Mom's enjoyment... She definitely makes me so very happy!
Bottom's up!!!
Look how much hair she's getting! :)
I love her to death!
TEETH! And boy does she have a ton of them! She looks like a little bull dog in this pic to me! He he...

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Lyla is sooooo cute, Heather! :o) Love all the pics. The beach pics look really good!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is super cute! Hi! We don't know each other, just came across your blog a few weeks ago. Just wondering . . . "and it may get worse soon . . ." does that mean you're expanding your family? :)

Heather said...

Hello! No no, not expanding the fam anytime soon. I'm praying for work stuff to work out! Pun intended! :) Which could end up making me busier, but in a good way!