Side Note: I cannot imagine being a single parent! I have so much respect for people who juggle it all on their own... a baby, a job, a social life...
With that said, I missed Rhett so much! Yes, I missed my best friend, but more than that... I missed my partner! That's what we are in this whole parenting thing. Partners. I can't do it without him (well, I could I guess but it'd be incredibly exhausting) and he couldn't do it without me.
Anywho, Friday night Ly and I met my Dad at Petrella's for a yummy dinner. That day my poor Ly started to exhibit symptoms of Roseola. Well, let's backup...she actually started showing signs on Wednesday I believe. She had a fever (102.7 <--- Ha, like the country station) so I took her to the doctor the next day. He checked everything and everything checked out okay. He warned me to be on the lookout for a red rash that could come up all over Ly's body. I was thinking, "yeh right". But sure enough, the next day she got a bad rash on her bottom, got fever blisters on her mouth, and then the rash spread to her legs. Roseola for sure. Everything's fine now. It's almost all gone. It's just one of those "things" with kids I guess. Funny story about this picture. While I was getting ready Saturday morning, Lyla was playing in our room and in our drawers...well, I turn and look at her and she has my panties around her neck like a necklace!!! What the?! New fashion trend perhaps??
Saturday Ly and I woke up (bright and early at 6 am...yay) and just played around the house. Later that day we went up to the Farmer's Opry House and met Rhett's parents there for some Bluegrass Music! Holla! We had a yummy lunch and dinner and listened to some great music. After dinner, Ly and I made our way home and got ready for bed.
Lyla and her Grandfather, whom she loves alot! And I think he loves her too... just a hunch.

Sunday morning we woke up and I was going to go to church, but then I thought twice. There is a possibility that Roseola is contagious so I couldn't take the chance of unleashing it on the children in the nursery. Soooo, Ly and I went to lunch at Bagleheads, just us girls. :) It was nice. Ly always gets alot of attention from people (which she absolutely just loves and eats up) so we had some other folks to talk to. After that, we came home and took a much needed nap! Both of us! Whoa, did I need one! My Dad came over and visited for a little bit and brought over a cute little sundress he got for Ly. Shoot, I wish people sent/brought over cute little sundresses for me. I was looking in my closet today and I am definitely needing a new wardrobe. Ahhhh, well that will have to wait for when Rhett and I win the lottery. For dinner, Ly and I had pancakes and eggs. She loves breakfast and so do I! After I got her bed, I laid up in bed and continued my Dexter obsession! Thank Mom! :) PS. I just finished all of them tonight! :( I want more! Rhett finally got home around 8:30 pm and I was so happy to see him! I know he was sad he missed Lyla before her bedtime, but look, homefry wasn't fixing to wake her up!
Playing while Mommy cooks pancakes for din din! I had to keep her busy, and well, tupperware and measuring cups did the trick!
Monday, I took off from work and so did Rhett so we were able to spend at least one day together! We went with Rhett's mom to The Grand Marlin, a new restaurant on the beach. It was pretty good! The view was to die for! :) The rest of the day we spent chilling at home watching Lyla walk around more and more! She's starting to really enjoy walking so that's awesome! It's definitely so weird to see her walk around because she doesn't seem as "babylike" anymore. My girl's growing up!
Me and my girl...
Playing while Mommy cooks pancakes for din din! I had to keep her busy, and well, tupperware and measuring cups did the trick!
Monday, I took off from work and so did Rhett so we were able to spend at least one day together! We went with Rhett's mom to The Grand Marlin, a new restaurant on the beach. It was pretty good! The view was to die for! :) The rest of the day we spent chilling at home watching Lyla walk around more and more! She's starting to really enjoy walking so that's awesome! It's definitely so weird to see her walk around because she doesn't seem as "babylike" anymore. My girl's growing up!Me and my girl...



4 comments:
awww. I LOVE girls weekend! and I need to go to the Grand Marlin! that place looks great! where is it exactly?
AND we need to have a play date soon! let me know an afternoon we can play, or a weekend we can do the beach or something
Your girls weekend did sound like so much fun, my love! You have one super cute girl to hang out with all the time, whenever you want!!! I love you and can't wait to hang out soon too!
Heather,
That's so funny about Lyla's new "fashion trend"...Marlo does the same thing with my bathing suits! One of the bottom drawers in my closet has all of my bathing suits in it, so she can reach that one and gets them out everytime and puts them around her neck just like Ly! Also, what is Dexter??? Everyone keeps posting about it!...
Sarah! I wonder why babies like things around their necks?! Lyla will put cords, headbands, and panties around her neck and I just don't get it! It's so cute though! :)
Dexter is a series that comes on Showtime. Now, Rhett and I don't get Showtime but my Mom loaned us all the DVDs to watch. We love the show! It's about a serial killer who works for the Miami Metro PD. He works as a Blood Splatter Expert and he's a serial killer that only kills criminals that murder innocent people. Anywho, it's a quirky show!
Post a Comment