Sunday, December 06, 2009

Baby it's cold outside!

And I mean baby, as in my baby husband and my baby Lyla Grace. It was freezing this weekend! Oh and how I love the chilly weather! :) I'm pretty sure I was meant to live in Alaska or something.
Umm, this weekend was pretty chill and relaxing. Friday night, Ly's grandparents babysat her so Rhett and I could get some Christmas shopping done. I was so proud of us because we started out at Kohl's, where to our utter amazement, everything was 60% off! So we racked up for cheap! :) We ended up at Toys R Us. We only have a couple things left that I really really want to get her. I know, I know...she's a baby and she won't know what's going on Christmas morning, but I WILL! Saturday we ate breakfast with my Dad at Cracker Barrel, went to a craft show at St. Anne's, and then came home to of course watch the SEC Championship. It's so funny, when I was in guard in HS and we had to go to every single football, I had no idea what was going on during the game. I didn't know what a down was. Yeh, laugh it up, but it's true! But of course, as fate would have it I married a football coach and I now know more than I ever care to know about football. Interesting right? Yehhh. Sunday Rhett and I lit the Advent Candles in church and read. Ok, Rhett lit the candle and I read! Public speaking is so nerve racking for me, but after it was over I realized I did fine and I wondered what I was so nervous about. God definitely calmed my fears. After church my Dad, Rhett, Ly, and I met Rhett's parents at the Macaroni Grill for a yummy lunch. And of course (as you can see in the post below) after lunch Lyla told Santa that she wanted puppies, kittens, toys, and candy for Christmas. No no, she didn't say any of that, but she also didn't cry which I was very happy about. She just stuck out her tongue at Santa, that's all. :) Sunday afternoon, Lyla and I sat on a blanket and watched Rhett put up the Christmas lights. Don't you just wish Christmas time was all year long?!
My dad, Ly, and I at Macaroni Grill...Rhett took the picture. Answer me this: Why in the world can men not take pictures??! This is take 1:
Take 2...after I told Rhett to put US in the center of the picture! GRRRR!
Libby after her haircut. I wanted them to go shorter and trim some of her tail. Oh well, I will make myself a little clearer next time.
Lyla in a box...
Outside ready to watch Daddy put up Christmas lights!

Daddy the daredevil! :)
Lyla and I, we prefer to stay on the ground and watch.
BRRRR! It's cold!
Yes, she was very interested in watching her Daddy....

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I love all the new photos! I forgot just how much you look like your dad until I saw these photos. It's just cute because I think Lyla looks so much like BR, and you look so much like your dad!! I can't wait to get home and kiss little Lyla bug, and squeeze the life out of you!! It has just been way too long!!! I love you so very much!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Can Rhett please call Justin a 'pansy' or some other sissifying name? He WILL NOT put up our Christmas lights! I have to do it every year and I HATE doing it...but it breaks my heart not to have lights!! Bah Humbug!