Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday + Family Time = My Favorite!

Umm, your paci's in the wrong way Lyla! =)
Today was a very fun Saturday! Basically it was my day to do whatever I wanted to do as a fam, which is nice because we don't get too much time to spend together...what with Rhett coaching all the time and football season pretty much in full swing (yay..). Sooo, after we picked Lyla up from her grandparent's in the morning, we went to the beach!! Whoo hoo! Lyla's first trip to the beach! First time she will put her little toes in the sand and in the ocean! I thought, "she'll so love it, right"??! WRONG! HA! She hated it! At first she was interested in the sand, but then I just think it annoyed her (like it does me actually, I hate being sandy). Then I decided to take her to the water. I dipped her little toes in and she cried!! Umm, that was definitely a no-go! We're thinking next year she'll be a little more in to it. At least I hope so! After the beach, we went back home and we all had much needed baths. We then went out to Navarre to see Rhett's dad referee little league football (I knew Rhett wanted to see him, so yes I allowed us to go out and watch a few minutes of football...I know, I'm sweet right?). However, before actually getting to the little league park we stumbled upon The Butterfly House in Navarre. It was so neat!! They had all different kinds of butterflies just flying around. I think Lyla really enjoyed that too. Anywho, after the little league park we drove back home on the recently opened road between Navarre and Pensacola Beach. What a scenic drive!! It's just beautiful! The whole way you're driving right by the water. I loved it! After being out in the heat, I decided that we needed to get some ice cream, so to Baskin Robbins we went! Yummm! We then went to Toys R Us, not necessarily to buy anything, but just to let Lyla look at everything. I think Toys R Us is very visually stimulating for a baby. There is so much to look at and play with. Needless to say, Lyla loved it and we got a bunch of smiles and giggles. Definitely worth the trip. After Toys R Us we picked up Rhett's mom and went to dinner at Cock of the Walk. And now, after having had a very yummy dinner, we are home and Lyla is in bed. She is surely exhausted from the long and fun day! I really do think that she loves to be out and see new places and people. Basically, we had a great Saturday! And the great news is, we have Sunday (and Monday for me!) left!!
Just getting to the beach....
"Look how beautiful it is Lyla"...
She seemed to be a little scared of the noise the waves made rushing up onto the shore...
Trying to pump her up for the big dip!
Oh no, she's saying, "get me out of here mommy"!! As soon as I picked her up out of the water, she stopped crying. What's that tell you?
Tired of the beach...
Literally tired from the beach... =)
Fun in the bathtub!! She is really starting to love her squirty toys!
She opens her mouth and wants us to squirt water in there! Funny girl!
She loves bathtub water more than beach water, apparently.
Ready to see Grandfather at the little league game!
The only reason I like this pic is because of the way she's looking at me...she loves me! I just knew it!
We are in love with eachother basically. <3
Okay, that's all!! Monday Lyla will be 5 months!! Holy mess!! I will post a 5 month update for sure!

4 comments:

Pamela Williams said...

I never thought to put the bumbo in the bathtub ... good idea!

Heather said...

Yeh we just thought of it too! But be careful, cause it floats a little so you have to be sure to kind of hold onto it or her!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Oh, little Lyla doesn't like all that sand, just like you?!? That is too funny! I have to say that the photos look like she loved the beach. She looked absolutely adorable in her little pink hat that matched her mama's! She is so very adorable with those BIG beautiful eyes and chubby little cheeks. I love her!!!

Mrs. J Manny said...

i LOVE that one picture of her in the hat. she looks so happy. and I like the way she looks at you in the other picture. its so sweet how we are their FAVORITE!