Sunday, February 08, 2009

Life = Nice

Rhett and I have just been enjoying day-to-day life as much as possible because life will soon change and it will no longer be "just the two of us". Which is totally fine by me. In fact, I can't wait for that. To finally have Lyla here and be a family. That is my greatest desire. But still, I want to make sure we enjoy these last few weeks of "just us" as much as we can. Even though it's never really "just us", what with Aubbie, Libby, and Mimi running around. We can never really pick up and leave now as it is anyway. We always have to make sure Aubbie's been taken out and that she goes in her kennel. We also have to make sure the kitty cats are in our room with the door shut because Lord knows that they would be all up on the counter in our absence. So, I guess we've always had alot of responsibility taking care of our little four-legged babies, but I know that that won't even compare to what is to come with Lyla's arrival. And strangely, I have never been more ready for that.

Little Aubbie and little Rhett taking a little nap...
Thursday night we went to Sacred Heart to tour the Women's and Children's Hospital. We saw where we need to go to so that I can get "checked" to ensure that I am truly in labor. We also saw the Labor and Delivery rooms as well as the Postpartum rooms for after delivery. My favorite part was hands down the Newborn Nursery. There we saw several newborns, ranging from 3 lbs up to I think about 9 lbs. They were all so precious. When one of the nurses held up one of the newborns for our viewing pleasure, I held back tears. I thought it might be a little weird for me to cry over someone else's baby that I don't even know. It was at that moment that I knew Lyla's entrance into our lives would be an emotional one. I am counting down the days until my due date and of course hoping that she will arrive early. Not too early, 36 weeks (full term) is good for me!
Anywho, Friday night we met Kristi and Ruco at Olive Garden for a yummy meal! Holy cow I love Olive Garden's Spinach and Artichoke Dip...Mmmm, just thinking about it makes me drool. McGuire's Spinach Dip is still the best though! After a meal filled with much entertaining and humorous conversation, we headed over to Target which held for even more humorous moments! I am so grateful for friends like Kristi and Ruco...friends that Rhett and I can totally be ourselves around. I am also so thankful that they are here, even if only for a short time.

Oh, they are just so cool...
Kristi in her fly sunglasses...
We got a little fashion show from Ruco....
And Rhett too...
Saturday Rhett coached baseball at Tate all day long. They had some kind of Jamboree thing I think (I went briefly...baseball's pretty darn boring). Anywho, I went to Books-a-Million and got Lyla some baby books. Which, I was totally overwhelmed by the selection of baby books!! Geez, I sat there for an hour at least looking at all the different books for little babies. I finally found a couple. I like the ones that are Touch and Feel...thinking maybe she might like those?! Who knows!
Sunday Rhett and I got lots done! We cleaned out his truck (that's what we'll be driving little Lyla in for the time being) and put in her car seat! I also cleaned the house...definitely in nesting mode I think. I tried to get rid of all the pet hair that I could! But that is just not possible. I can only hope that Lyla has my allergies (which I have none) and not Rhett's (he's very sneezy). We shall see.
YAY! Rhett finally put the car seat in!! Now she can really come home soon!
Okay, that's all! Gotta go! Ribs on the grill for dinner tonight and I am absolutely starving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious! We have the exact same car seat! Y'all will LOVE it!!!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I love you! We have way too much fun on target runs. I am also so thankful for the amazing relationships we have where we can 100% be our nerdy selves.
ps-I cant believe lyla will be here in like one month.......Im soo excited!!!!

Beth @beth-adam.blogspot.com said...

Kristi, you have good taste in scarves! :) I got my mom that same one for Christmas :) Well she picked it out, but I still wrapped it up and gave it to her! LOL :)