Saturday, June 07, 2008

It's Amazing...

the way things work out!! We were soooooo sooooo very worried that Rhett wouldn't have a job for next year, since they are cutting so many teachers and he is not yet on tenure. Well, no more worrying!! He was offered a PE teaching position at the DJJ (Juvenile Justice, where he got Teacher of the Year...they must like him) and he accepted and signed a contract! It's going to be 12 months out of the year rather than 10, so he won't get a summer, but they made an exception so he'll be able to coach summer football every year (which he loves and would have hated to give up)! Not to mention, this position pays a good bit more so we are so thankful that he's been given this opportunity. YAY for Rhett!
And our 1 year anniversary (I can't wait to eat our cake topper!!) is right around the corner and I was trying to think of something we could do. I was thinking maybe we could go on a weekend trip somewhere, but then I thought....I want to get something that will last a loooooooong time and not just be over after the weekend. Sooooo, we decided to buy ourselves the Wii for our anniversary present! YAY! We've been playing it like crazy and both our arms are pretty sore! But it sure is fun!
Have a fabulous rest of the weekend everyone!!

5 comments:

Jo said...

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS! I want a wii so stinkin' bad, you don't even know! I can't wait to come see you next month and play with you!

Mrs. J Manny said...

heather! you have to get mario kart so you and rhett can play me and justin online! and jo, you know what you really want is to come to cincinnati and play with my wii wii! dont try and deny it!

Heather said...

We got Mario Kart!! I had to call like every store but we finally found it!! Do you have to have a special internet thing to hook it up to?! But yes yes yes, we would love to play you and Justin!! We both suck really really bad right now though, but it's fun! Jo Jo, you have to talk Justin into getting one soon! When is his birthday?

Jo said...

His birthday is the 27th, just a couple days before your anniversary! Where did you find your wii? Target?

PS... I can't believe it's been a whole year since your wedding! Time flies! I wish we could go back there again, that was SO much fun! That was one of my favorite weekends ever ever ever.

Heather said...

Blockbuster actually!! They just started selling them! It would be a great birthday gift that's fo sho! Then we could ALL play Mario Kart! YAY!