Sunday, March 16, 2008

Taking off the mask!

I had a great weekend! Very emotional, but oh so great!! I went with Kelly and Rhett's mom to a Women's Retreat this weekend in Destin. The theme was Stop The Masquerade and we discussed how each of us have different "masks" that we put on in different situations...masks of pride, masks of past, masks of family, etc....and all of these masks can interfere with our relationship with God. One of my masks (often times we have more then one) is my past. There are certain things in my past that I am so ashamed of, but I learned that God has forgiven me and I need to shed that mask in order to move on from my past. It was an amazing realization. Like I said, we had an emotionally draining weekend!
The hotel we stayed at was beautiful! Kelly and I shared a room and Rhett's mom and dad shared a room (Rhett's dad did come, he basically stayed in the hotel room and played the guitar the whole time!!). We also ate very well, Rhett's parents always see to that. One place we ate at we had a view of the beach and let me just say that water was very rough! The waves were huge and it was incredibly windy. While we were eating we were just watching this boat that was anchored a little bit away from the shore. Someone must have forgotten that it was there because it was getting pounded by the waves. We all knew that it was going to sink soon!! And sure enough, the next day we drove by to see if it was still there and it had indeed sunk and was washed up onto the shore in pieces!! We couldn't believe it! I really feel sorry for whoever owns that boat!!
Anywho, once I got home from Destin I took the longest nap and spent the rest of the weekend with Rhett, Aubbie, Mimi, and Libby. This weekend made me so incredibly thankful for all the loving people in my life. I don't know who I'd be or where I'd be without them!!
PS..see August Rush, it's so good!!!

Photobucket
Kelly and my MIL

Photobucket
Inside the beautiful hotel! We loved all the vegitation!

Photobucket
Another shot of inside the hotel

Photobucket
Our bedroom...

Photobucket
Kelly in the middle area of the room...

Photobucket
and finally the living area of the room! They were awesome rooms!

Photobucket
I took a picture of the sinking sailboat

Photobucket
This was before it was in pieces on the shore!

And of course I always have to post pics of my babies...because I'm nuts like that...

Photobucket
Awww!!! Sleeping on my phone!

Photobucket
Princess Libby

Photobucket
They are crazy cats!!!

Also, I am sooooooooo excited about Jo Jo's wedding in a couple weeks! YAYYYYY! I am so ready for a mini vacation to see Jo and Justin get married!! I finally found the perfect shirt to wear to her Diamonds and Denim Bachelorette Par-Tay (which, can I say is the cutest theme ever)!! I just can't wait!

1 comment:

Jo said...

That is so sweet! Heather, you have the sweetest MIL. I'm so glad you had such a good weekend, even if it was emotional! Sometimes those are the best kind! I love you LOTS, and I can't wait for us to be together in just a few weeks! You are my heart!