Saturday, February 02, 2008

My sweet little Lulu...

I never realized how much one little kitty contributed to my everyday life. It's so quiet here in the house without her. She's not sitting on the counter while Rhett and I cook, playing in the laundry basket while I fold clothes, laying on my stomach purring while I watch TV, sitting in my lap begging for a Qtip while I put on makeup, sitting on the tub while I take a shower, chasing Mimi and Aubbie throughout the house....she was so full of life and personality. She's irreplaceable. My heart is healing a little bit each day, but it still hurts as I go through my daily routinue and I realize that I don't have a little black fur ball following me around anymore. Thank you to everyone for you kind words. I know each of you know how meaningful a pet's existence can be in your life. My heart is more at ease knowing that she is in heaven playing with other little kitties and puppies. In the 8 months we had her she brought an incredible amount of happiness to our lives. I just have to keep reminding myself of that...

1 comment:

Jo said...

Aww, Heather, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm glad that it is getting a little easier, but I know your heart is still aching. :( I love you so much, and I know how much you loved LuLu. Remind yourself how loved she was during her time with you and how happy you made her (and vice versa!).