Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Sweet Soul

Today was a very long day at work. I had to train one of my clients (Vincson) to ride the bus so that he could get to his new job. Well, as many of you know it rained today...all day long. I picked Vincson up and took him to the bus stop closest to his house. He was going to ride the bus, and I was going to follow behind just to make sure he got to work okay. Anyway, before Vincson got out of the car into the rain I asked him if he wanted a towel to sit on at the bus stops and an umbrella. With the sweetest and most sincere expression on his face he said, "No, I'm straight. But thank you for asking". So, Vincson stood in the rain and waited for his bus to arrive. He had to stand in the rain a few different times because riding the bus is not just a straight shot to where you want to go... you have to get off one bus, wait, and get on another in order to get where you're going. It's a pain. That's my point though, it's a pain for me...but for Vincson, it was nothing. He didn't care, he was so happy to be going to work. Seriously. I've never met anyone like Vincson. He never complains about anything and is satisfied with everything in his life. I worked with him all afternoon and into the night while he learned his new job (which was dishwashing), and he never stopped smiling the entire time, even when water sprayed all over him. I left work today wanting to be more like Vincson. I really want to appreciate all the great things I have in my life and not complain so much about the negative aspects or "pains" that bother me so much. I wish there were more sweet souls like Vincson in the world.

4 comments:

Brandi and Tim said...

this is the sweetest story. ever.

The Leys said...

What a sweet, sweet story! Working with people who don't have much really makes you realize how you take for granted little things that you have. I like him. and I love you!

carrieliz said...

aww Heather, I like that story a lot. Ok, for the record, I totally called that last week...Meredith will come back and her mom will die! I'm psychic!! haha. I am so glad she's alive though!! But I am really sad too that it is not on next week! What will we do???

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

aww, heather, this is sweet. i looove people like that as well, just sweet and humble and gracious. those are very attractive qualities. Not as attractive as you, however. i love your hot little self!