This holiday season was amazing, but sadly it went by too fast! Christmas was oh so much fun! Christmas Eve night Rhett, Jesse, and I went over to Tammra's house (my dad's girlfriend) to celebrate a little early. We all ended up playing one of my favorite board games Balderdash. I love that game because I always laugh sooo hard at some point during the game.....like when my dad asked Jesse to give an example of a weird word used in a sentence, Jesse said, "Look at that sermuncle over there"! Ha ha ha....guess you had to be there. Anywho, Christmas day was awesome. Rhett and I went over to his parent's house for breakfast, then to my grandparent's house, and then to Rhett's aunt's house. The whole day was so much fun and both of our family's were so excited about our wedding and wanted to hear all the details. I love that they are so supportive. It is definitely appreciated. Christmas night Rhett and I packed for our long trip to Myrtle Beach to visit my mom.My brother, Rhett, and I (and Aubbie!) left early the next morning and got to my mom's late that night. I love love love spending time with her. I see her probably twice a year now and I absolutely cherish every moment I spend with her. Every morning we were there, my mom and I would put on our makeup together (which takes awhile of course) and just talk. I mis
s her so much and our meaningful talks. Anywho, we had a blast the entire trip! We opened presents and celebrated Christmas when we first got there. My mom and Charlie got Rhett and I tons of stuff for our house. They really outdid themselves. Rhett got just as many presents as Jesse and I did...he really is a part of the fam now!! The next couple of days were spent hanging out and site seeing around Myrtle Beach and OF COURSE shopping! For my birthday my mom got me one of those circle diamond necklaces...except this on is oval. I love it! Thanks mom, you're the best! Friday night we went out to eat at a Hibachi restaurant to celebrate my birthday. At the end of the meal, they embarrassed the crap out of me by beating on a drum and making me stand in a chair while they sang Happy Birthday! Ha ha! Why do people think it's fun to embarrass the crap out of folks on their birthday??? I'll never understand that! Sunday came too fast and we had to leave. I hate saying goodbye to my mom...the next time I will see her will be for my wedding.Here are some pics from our fun trip!!

Stockings!! YAY!

Me and my cute little mom!

A friendly game of Quarters!!

Goofy boys

We wanted a picture with the dinosaur, just like all the other kids!

Rhett loved feeding the ducks

Jesse does love me!

Aubbie and her Uncle Buddy!

What time is it?? It's monkey time!!

I miss my mom already!

I love my mom and brother so much!

He's so hot when he's being a pool shark!!

I just love him!

Aubbie in the back seat on the way home...she slept the entire way!!
Rhett and I just spent a quiet night at home for New Years Eve. We bought fireworks, which were actually impressive and kissed when the ball dropped!! Fun fun! 2006 was a hard year for me, I'm not going to sugar coat it in any way, shape, or form. But I learned so much this year...alot about myself and that's all I can really ask for. Not to mention the end of 2006 was absolutely AMAZING!! Rhett proposing has made me the happiest girl ever and knowing that we have jump started our future together by buying our first house has left a comforting feeling in my heart. So, when it's all said and done...I am very happy with the way this year has turned out. 2007 is going to be incredibly busy, but I also know that it will be the most memorable year of my life....I will definitely not take anything for granted and I will make sure to cherish every moment! Happy New Year!!
5 comments:
I love you so much! The pictures of you and your mom and Rhett and Jesse and Charlie are so cute! 2006 has been a crazy year and I can't wait for 2007 (and 2008!) hahaha! Happy New Year and I am officially making myself in charge of your bachelorette party as of now!!! Hahahaha! BEWARE! :)
Heather, I completely understand what you mean when you talk about appreciating the time you get to spend with your mom. I feel the EXACT same way. There is nothing harder than saying good-bye to your mom and knowing you won't see her again for a few months. I love you so much, and I am so happy to see that you had such a wonderful holiday season. Happy New Year!
my heart, first of all, happy very special 24th birthday today. i cannot believe you are 24! It looks like you had a wonderful time with your mom and jesse, and it was just what you needed! I am also so glad that Rhett has now become a part of your family, and i cannot wait until June 30th 2007 to make that official! i love you very much!!!
You guys look like you had so much fun. I love the goofy pictures...especially that face with your brother, ha! what is that?? Happy Birthday Heather! I hope it's a great one!
Happy "3 days late" New year! I second what carrie said, You two are adorable!!! I hope you had a very happy birthday!!
Post a Comment