Thursday, December 14, 2006

We're Going to the Chapel!


Rhett and I are ENGAGED! YAY! I'm sure if you look at Facebook and Myspace everyday you probably already know that! It was such a sweet proposal! Rhett told me earlier in the day that we were going out to eat somewhere nice tonight and so I got all dressed up! Well, we left to go to Zea's and I noticed that we were going the wrong way...well, Rhett said that he wanted to go look at the property our house is going to be built on to see if there was any progress yet. I was a little on the confused side because it was dark, but Rhett said he had a flashlight. So, when we got there we got out of the car and walked out onto the property to check it out. Out of the blue, Rhett grabbed a hold of my hand and took a knee. He said, "I wanted to do this here because this is where we are going to start our future together". He went on to say that he couldn't wait to grow old with me and then proceeded with the inevitable, he pulled out the ring and said, "Will you marry me Heather"? Of course I said YES! It was such a weird feeling, I was soooooooo excited and I felt like it wasn't really happening. I honestly felt like I was dreaming! The ring is beautiful! I picked it out and made sure that Rhett knew exactly which one and what ring size. The only thing I didn't quite know was when exactly he was going to pop the question. I just love him and I love the way he proposed...because a year from now when we're sitting in our "future" living room I can say, "Remember when you asked me to marry you RIGHT HERE"? We are planning on having a summer wedding and we set the date for either June 23rd or 30th, 2006. It depends on our honeymoon plans. YAY! Now the planning fun begins!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Before we left the house

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yehhh...that's my ring!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Had to show my Matron of Honor! She's excited too!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We did end up going to Zea's after he proposed! I just couldn't stop looking at my ring!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the best close up I could get of my ring! Stupid camera couldn't focus on my ring!

Here's our wedding website...
http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/view/co_main.aspx?coupleid=5702015437430918

YAY!

4 comments:

Brandi and Tim said...

Heather, this is so stinkin exciting! I've left you like a million comments on your myspace and knot page...but it's all worth it!! haha!! I'm so exited for you!



(and shhh...maybe I'll be next..haha!)

carrieliz said...

Yay Heather!! I'm so excited for you. That is such a sweet proposal! That ring is beautiful!!

Dan said...

The camera can't focus on the ring because its blinging too much!!!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

HEATHER I LOVE YOU and we got some plannin' to do!!!