Sunday, December 03, 2006

A Monumental Weekend!!

What a weekend! Friday night, Rhett and I ate some yummy ribs at Smokey Bones with Kristi and Ruco. I love Smokey Bones' Twisted Timbers! It's a drink mixture between frozen margarita and frozen strawberry daiquiri. They are definitely a favorite of mine. After dinner, Rhett and I went to the mall and Christmas shopped! We did pretty good and got most of it done. We just have a few more things to get.
Saturday was fun as well. Rhett and I (well, it was me who wanted to go) took little Aubbie and got her picture taken with Santa Claus PetSmart!! It was hilarious. Aubbie was not cooperating and did not want to look at the camera! Instead, she wanted to play with Santa! It took a little coaxing and alot of help from the PetSmart staff to finally get a few good pictures of her looking at the camera. After PetSmart, we went to Rhett's parent's house to give them an extra copy of our picture with Santa. Rhett's parents showed us their "tree" in their den!! OMG!! It is soooo funny, but mostly cute! In Rhett's den they have this woven thing that hangs from the ceiling and it actually has the pointy shape of a Christmas tree. Well, instead of buying a real Christmas tree like they do every year, they decorated the woven piece and made it look what Rhett's dad likes to call "artsy"! It actually looks neat. It's definitely different, I can say that for sure! Rhett's dad said you can tell they're retired! Well, later that night Rhett and I went to the Melting Pot for dessert!! We definitely can't afford dinner there so we ate a couple sandwiches at home and saved our appetite for the awesome chocolate fondue! Yummmmy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Rhett, Aubbie, and I with the happiest Santa Claus on earth!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Rhett in front of his parents authentic Christmas "tree"!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A picture I took of Rhett while we were at the Melting Pot! He looks like a GHOST!

Sunday was the most exciting day of the weekend! Rhett and I couldn't wait so we decided to go ahead and give each other our Christmas presents....WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! YAY! We absolutely love it! The floor plan, the lot, the location, everything is great and we are so excited because we really did just happen to stumble across it. We put the deposit (which goes towards closing costs in the end) down, so it is a for sure thing!! Our house is estimated to be done towards the end of April. Now that we have finally found what we want, I can breath easier. We are going to set up an appointment for this week to meet with a lady at the design center for Henry Homes. That will be my favorite part because that's where Rhett and I get to pick out colors and such for the cabinets, carpets, siding, and counter tops. Now the fun really begins!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Our floor plan...this one is definitely set in stone! We love it!

I am soooooo excited about all that Rhett and I have planned in the year 2007!! I can hardly contain myself!

7 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Oh my goodness, I am SOO excited you guys have the house you want! YAY Heather, I love it! Im so excited about all the plans you guys have as well....mostly about getting married! ;) I just want to see you as a beautiful bride before Ruco and I leave for Africa. please please please!! Im really so excited about the house and thats it is everything that you want!

carrieliz said...

Heather, I am so excited for you! The house looks great! That will be fun picking out colors and cabinets and stuff!! And like Kristi said, I want to see you as a beautiful bride soon too!:)

Brandi and Tim said...

Wow!! Thats so awesome!! (and I'm so jealous) haha.

Oh and I'm reeeeeallly excited about you two getting married one day! woohoo!!!!

Brandi and Tim said...

I was SO stinkin excited that you and Rhett were at the game last night!!! I know you weren't EXACTLY there for my little brother...but I hope you had fun!! (I told you my brother was a giant) :)

The Leys said...

I love you so much and Im so excited for you and Rhett and all the great things that are coming your way. That's exactly what I thought when I saw Joan last night... you never know which day will be your last. It's so humbling to see someone handle something like that with such grace.

Dan said...

Hey, Heather, that is the exact floor plan that Len and I had there! It was an awesome, open floor plan, I loved it! the house feels so open and much bigger than it actually is..and it's a lot of space for two people, 3 bedrooms right? and you have a fireplace in the best possible location! yeah! I am very excited for you guys!

Brandi and Tim said...

girl you need to UPDATE!!!