Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Change of Plans...Floor Plans

Today has been a roller coaster ride of a day! It all started last night...Rhett and I were so excited because we made an offer on the house. Tammra, my dad's girlfriend, is our realtor and we decided to go with her simply because of the fact that we knew she had OUR best interest in mind. When we were just looking into this house, we talked to the realtor who is actually advertising the subdivision because we wanted to find out more detailed information about the different floor plans. Never once did we sign anything that said she was our realtor or give her our word that she would make this deal for us. So, Rhett and I decided it would be in our best interest to go in this deal with someone who would be looking out for us, the buyer, and not the seller/builder.
Well, back to putting the offer in...Tammra received a phone call from the realtor that Rhett and I talked to before and she literally yelled at Tammra and bad mouthed Rhett and I. The realtor (who will remain nameless) said she would only except full price and didn't care if we went somewhere else to find a house. Funny she said that because she called Tammra back not 10 minutes after she said that. Not to mention, it's a buyer's market right now!! These are tough times for those trying to sell houses!! Anywho, after much consideration, Rhett and I decided not continue with the negotiation process because we knew the reason she turned down our offer was personal, not monetary, and we didn't want to get caught up in that.
We were definitely down and out after the recent turn of events, but Tammra took us to look at another subdivision (where Danielle Harper use to live!!) and low and behold.....we found a house we love that has yet to be built!! Another bonus is that it is a good bit cheaper then the one we made an offer for!! We love the floor plans and the price, and we are thrilled to continue with the deal. So, I guess the point is don't let anything or anyone keep you down. There is a reason for everything that happens. I guess I should be thankful that the realtor lady was such a witch.

5 comments:

Brandi and Tim said...

HEATHER! That's so awesome! I can not wait until the day I'm looking at house plans. Seeing as how I look at house and building plans ALL day long...I dream of looking at one that has MY house on it!! WooHoo!!! I'm so excited for you!!

carrieliz said...

I like the way you look at things, "I should be thankful the first realtor was a witch." haha. That's great Heather!

Brandi and Tim said...

thanks so much heather!!!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

hey girl, well if this second house turns out to be a bust, or if you are still in the market to browse around....Justin's mom is trying to sell her house! I think you may like it. Kristi Allen LOVED it when she went for Jill's shower. anyway, let me know if you guys want to look at it.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

hi my love, i hope your meeting went well today!! I think this second house sounds awesome! i love you!