Sunday, December 22, 2013

Tis' The Season!


Merry Christmas from The Summerfords! 

We hope everyone has a blessed holiday!  So far, it's been pretty fun for us!  We've been busy attending a lot of Christmas activities this month, mostly for Ly.  We went to A Night in Bethlehem at Gonzalez UMC and the Church of the Nazarene.  Ly went to Christmas VBS at our church.  We went to the Zoo Lights, St. Anne's, and the drive thur lights at Holland farm out in Milton.  We attended a couple Christmas parties at church, one where Santa was in attendance.  I just want Ly to have a fun Christmas.  Having a little one around (i.e. Baby Max) this time of the year is hard, just because they require a lot of time and attention, but I didn't want Ly to miss out on anything fun going on.  Plus, she's at an awesomely fun stage where she absolutely LOVES EVERYTHING ABOUT CHRISTMAS.  Anywho, here's our Christmas card for 2013....

Funny story about the card, or I suppose just the picture.  I wanted to take the picture when both Ly and Max were in their matching snowmen PJs (that Auntie Kristi got for them!).  Well, having  a little one, being a working mom of two, and adding in the holiday season, there just hasn't been a lot of time to do a "photo shoot".  So, on the day Ly went to her school PJ party, I decided it was a perfect time to take the pic.  I would wait for that afternoon after I got off work.  Well, apparently little Miss. Lyla had been sippin' on orange drink all day long because the top of her lips were completely stained orange.  I just went with it, hence why the actual card is in black and white.  :) 
And what's Christmas without a Santa pic??  Ly and Max saw two different Santa's this year.  We did not go to the Santa in the mall this year for some reason.  But still, we saw two Santas so I thought that was pretty good!  :) Lyla actually sat in Santa's lap at her school, which I was so amazed to see and hear about!  I'm thinking it was because all her classmates sat in his lap and she didn't want to make a scene, because Santa came to our church Christmas party and she outright said, "NO! I am not sitting in his lap"!  Okaaaay.  So, Max got a photo with that Santa.  I wish I could have gotten a pic of them both in Santa's lap at the same time, but oh well.  Maybe next year.  Ha!  Who am I kidding?  By that time, Max will be terrified of him!  


No comments: