2013 was pretty special....
At the beginning of the year we announced that we were pregnant with Baby # 2.
Soon after that, we found out we were going to have a baby boy! A son! We decided that we would name him Max Hayden. Max after Rhett's grandfather and Hayden just because we liked it. :)
For Ly's birthday this year, we took a family trip to New Orleans! We went to the aquarium and the zoo. It was a special time with our little girl and what was, essentially, the last family trip of three we would have before Max joined our fam!
I'll be honest, when I was pregnant with Max, I wondered how I could ever love another baby like I love Lyla. She is my world. I thought, how could I possibly have any more room in my heart?? Ohhhh, but then Max was born and that was it. My heart grew. And grew and grew. These two are my universe. My world. My life. I cannot imagine a single day without the both of them in it. So yes, I worried for nothing. ;-)
Of course, the biggest change this year was our family growth...from three to four. We have adjusted quite well (and are still adjusting!). I will say this, we never knew how "easy" it was taking care of one child until Max came in our lives. Having two kids has totally kicked our butts and has been ALOT harder than I thought it would be. I will say, it's getting easier, but whoa! Haha! I can't believe we ever complained AT ALL about anything to do with watching/taking care of Ly. That was a breeze! As hard as the adjustment has been, I can honestly say that it has all been worth it! I mean really, I love my family more than anything. They are my rock. They keep me sane...even though they may cause some of the insanity.
With 2013 almost behind us, I look forward to 2014! In 2014, Max will sit up, crawl, stand, walk! TALK! Ahhhh! I am almost crying typing this. He will grow from a baby to a toddler in 2014 and that, I cannot even imagine. Lyla will start KINDERGARTEN! OMG. Seriously, my kids are growing up wayyyyyyyy too fast. As for Rhett and I, who knows what changes may take place with our jobs... The one thing I know, he will stand by me and I will surely stand by him. 2014, look out! The Summerfords are coming! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment