Sunday, October 13, 2013

2 Months Old!

Our little guy is 2 months old.  He really is a growing boy!  He's smiling and he just recently started giggling in his sleep.  Oh my, that was the sweetness sound ever!  I can't wait until he does it when he's awake! :)  He's such a sweet baby who's usually pretty chill.  He's sleeping really well at night so far.  He'll usually take his last bottle at around 10 or 11 pm and sleeps until about 5:30 or 6 am.  We'll see if this continues.  He is not yet sleeping in his crib, so when we finally move him in there that will make a difference in his sleeping habits I'm sure.  At least for a little while.  Right now, he sleeps in the Rock N Play next to our bed.  That was an awesome buy!  He loves it, he sleeps well in it, and it's easy to move around the house.  Max recently had his two month checkup and he's a healthy, growing baby boy!  He weighs 11 lbs. 11 ozs. (90th percentile) and he's 21 inches long (50th percentile).  Max also got shots that visit.  Oh yay.  It's definitely hard watching your baby get stuck with needles 3 times!  Poor baby!    

As of right now, I'm still on maternity leave so our schedule is as follows:
5:30 am: Wake up and get big sister Lyla and Daddy ready and out the door.  Max gets a bottle and then it's back to bed for Max and myself.  :)  That's my favorite part.  That's the time Max sleeps in the bed next to me.  I love it.
8:00 am ish: Wake up for real.  Max gets a bottle and hangs while Mommy gets ready for the day.  He usually naps in between me getting ready and going to pick up Ly.
11:00 am ish: Go to pick up Lyla from PreK.
12:00 pm: Lunch with Mammy and Papa.  It's bottle time for Max again!
1:00 pm: Hanging at home.  Unless of course we have errands to run that day.  Nap time for Max.  This is when he takes his longest nap of the day. 
3:00 pm: Bottle time!  We hang out, do tummy time, walk around outside, play on the Boppy or playmat, and then he usually of course falls asleep at some point.
6:00 pm: Ditto above.
6:00-7:00 pm: Daddy comes home somewhere around this time. :)  That's also when we eat dinner.
8:00 pm: Bath time for Max and his big sister.  They don't bathe together yet.  I usually give Max a bath and Daddy usually gives Lyla a bath.  Sometimes we swap.  But most of the time, that's how it goes.  After bathtime, it's time for Lyla to go night night.  Max and I help Daddy read Lyla a book before bed.  Then we say our prayers and kiss her goodnight.  Another favorite time of the day.
8:00-9:00 pm: Bottle time, then sleep until last bottle of the night.
10:00-11:00 pm: Last bottle of the night.  Then sleep!

When I go back to work, this schedule will of course change.  But right now, it's a pretty good schedule and Max works well with it.  Speaking of going back to work, thinking about it makes me sad.  I wish more than anything that I could continue to stay at home with my babies, but unfortunately that is just not an option.  At least right now.  So, I will suck it up and do what's best for my family.  It's hard, but it has to happen.  I also know from experience that it will be incredibly difficult at first (tears galore), but it will get easier.   
Lyla cracks me up!  She was watching me take Max's 2 month pictures and she wanted to take pictures with the sign, no matter what it had written on it! :)
I love my sweet girl!

My dad and Kathie came over to visit for awhile this weekend.  :)

No comments: