Thursday, September 12, 2013

Baby Max- One Month Old

My sweet baby boy is one month old...already.  Yes, already.  I just can't believe how fast the time is passing.  It's exciting to seem him grow, become more aware of his surroundings, and make adorable cooing noises...but it's also kind of sad.  I know first hand that before I know it, I'll blink and he'll be 4.  I'll blink and he'll be in preschool, saying his ABCs, playing t-ball...before I know it, this time with him as a sweet infant will be over.  I'm trying desperately to enjoy these sweet moments.  
Anywho, Max is still a really good eater.  I'm no longer breastfeeding, he is now fully on formula.  Yes, breastfeeding was going really well.  It was just a personal decision of mine to stop.  He takes a bottle extremely well and it really melts my heart to watch Rhett (and Lyla!) feed Max.  I was looking at pictures of him from about 2 weeks ago and I can already tell that he is chunking up!  His next appointment is at the beginning of October and I can't wait to see how much my little (big) guy weighs.  
A couple nights ago, Max started to make cooing noises.  They were so very sweet, like he was talking to me.  It was awesome because it was around bedtime, so both Lyla and Rhett were there to experience it as well.  Also, Max and I have been sitting in while Rhett reads Lyla a book at bedtime.  It makes my heart so full to have all of us take part in saying "good night" to Lyla.  Lyla loves it too and even holds Max's hand while she says her prayers.
Sleeping is going pretty good.  We have really good nights and some not so great nights.  I suppose that is normal at this point.  We are starting to let him sleep through the night (without us waking him up to feed him) and waking himself when he's hungry.  He's been doing pretty good.  Taking a bottle at 11:00 pm or 12:00 am and not taking another bottle until about 6:00 am.  Now, where the good nights and not so good nights come in depends on if and how many times he wakes up between the hours of 12:00 am and 6:00 am.  The good part is, it's usually pretty easy to settle him down and get him back to sleep if he does wake up.  As of right now, he sleeps in a rock-n-play next to our bed.  I want to start transitioning him to his crib, so he's been taking small naps during the day in his crib.  My goal is to have him sleeping through the night in his crib by the time I go back to work.  Yehhhh, that's not asking too much is it?!  Ha!  That's my goal.  We'll see if I achieve it. ;-)
On to some cute pics!

 My little blonde hair, blue eyed cutie.  He's perfect.  To me at least.  :-)
 My growing boy!  One month old!
Now, this picture just makes me smile.  Rhett has been saying, "he doesn't look anything like me", yadda yadda yadda.  Forget the fact that our daughter is pretty much the spitting image of Rhett, he's sad because his son doesn't look a thing like him (yet).  Well, I can't wait until Rhett sees this picture because Max most definitely has the Summerford ears.  I love the Summerford ears.  They are one of my favorite features on Rhett.  So so cute.  And now our son has them too.  

No comments: