Friday, March 23, 2012

Disney World!

And Sea World too! But mostly, Disney! We had an amazing, amazing time! You're fixing to see a picture overload, and this isn't even all the pics. Not even half. I'll post a link at the bottom of this post for those of you (Mom) who want to see the rest. Anywho, I want to try to be as detailed as possible so I can look back on this in a year or so and remember everything we did and just how much fun we had! :)
First Night: We got to Disney in just enough time to freshen up and head to dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe at The Wilderness Lodge. This is one of mine and Rhett's favs! We love the lodge and the food! After dinner, we headed out to Downtown Disney for the first time. We shopped and shopped and sightsaw too!
Second Day: Magic Kingdom! We woke up early and headed out to our first day at a park. Ly loved the monorail. When we finally got in to the actual park, we witnessed our first performance by Disney cast members. They got off a horse and carriage and sang and dance in the middle of the road! Ly couldn't take her eyes off of them. We of course got the customary pics in front of the castle. I definitely recommend Photopass. We did this and got a few of our favorite pics printed out at the end of our visit. Photographers are stationed around all the parks and they issue you a photo card that you scan when they take your picture. Like I said, it's a great way to get a pic of all of your fam instead of constantly asking strangers. :) Our first ride in Magic Kingdom was Disney's PhilharMagic. It's a 3-D show and Ly liked it, but it also scared her too. Which, I definitely expected. Next up, teacups!!! Now, I hate spinning around and around in circles, but Ly apparently is a fan! She loved the teacups and even asked to go on them again. :) Other rides we rode on were It's a Small World, Buzz Lightyear, People Mover, and oh gosh I just can't remember them all! At the end of our trip, we determined that Ly's favorite park was Magic Kingdom. Another tip I would say is if you have a stroller, go ahead and purchase a balloon right at the beginning and tie it to your stroller. Why you ask? Because you and everyone else has strollers and when you have to "park them" before a ride and you come out and there's lines and lines of strollers, you'll need an easy way to spot your stroller. This was the biggest problem at Magic Kingdom and not so much at the other parks. On our second night for dinner, we just cruised Downtown Disney again and we ate at a yummy restaurant at our hotel.
The Castle! A little closer up....

Disney's PhilharMagic... Daddy and Ly rockin' the 3-D glasses...

Before the teacups!

Waiting for the teacups to start! All the pics Rhett for of us actually spinning are a bit blurry. I will say that we were probably the slowest spinning teacup because was in control of that!

WHOA! Daddy's a crazy driver. I was in the car in front of them and Rhett said Ly kept telling him to "get Mommy"! Ha ha!

Another favorite of Ly's...It's a Small World. In fact, she was singing the song tonight at home. :)Here we are riding Buzz Lightyear. As you can see, Rhett and I were totally focused on beating eachother's score!


At the end of our day at Magic Kingdom! Ly loved her balloon! :)

Third Day: SeaWorld! We had a great time at Sea World. Rhett and I liked it better than Ly did. She did like looking at the animals up close, but couldn't really pay attention long enough during the shows. Except for the "big" things, i.e. the pic below of all the dolphins jumping at once (AMAZING) and Shamu jumps. Anywho, we watched Daddy ride a scary roller coaster called The Manta. We rode a high high ride and got an amazing view of the park! We rode some more kid friendly rides and just walked around and enjoyed looking at the marine life!

Ly's name on the big screen before the Shamu show! :)

Oh and yes, Ly played a little carnival game and won a "big" prize, this huge octopus!

Here's the tall things that took us way up high! I can't remember the name of it, but it made me nervous how high we were! HA!

The view from up top!

A pretty aquarium!

Our family before dinner!


Some of our friends told us about this restaurant, 'Ohana! And it was definitely as good as they said it was gonna be! All you can eat meat and yummy bread pudding for dessert, all with a view of the castle!

Fourth Day: Animal Kingdom! Of course, we got a pic in front of the amazing Tree of Life! We hurried to ride on Kilimanjaro Safaris first because that's the best ride at the Animal Kingdom and it can get busy quick! We only had a to wait a few minutes and Rhett and I loved it! Ly liked looking at the animals, but again, this ride was 20 minutes long and couldn't hold her attention. In the middle, she asked for my phone so she could watch Barney! HA! Of course, I said no, look at the animals but seriously, it was funny. Here we are in the amazing setting and she wants to watch Barney! Goofy girl! :) After the safari, we hit up Expedition Everest (which Rhett rode) and Dinosaur (which we both rode at separate times of course). We walked around looking at animals pretty much after that. We left the park just when it started to storm! But, the storm only lasted for 30 minutes and that was the only rain we experienced the entire time. :)

Here we are in front of the tree!

While waiting for Daddy to get off Expedition Everest, Ly and I played in the gift shop and she loved this blue wig! Go figure.


Ly helping lead the way...
It's Tough to be a Bug

Playing with her light up toy before the Electric Light Parade at Magic Kingdom. We got there about an hour before the parade started and apparently that was not early enough! Good grief! We did happen to find a good spot where we planted ourselves and waited for the parade to start. If you want to go to that parade...get there early! Ly loved the parade! The lights were amazing! After the parade, we watched a light show that was projected on the castle. Now that, was absolutely amazing. Probably my favorite experience of our vacation. It was beautiful. And then, of course, Wishes the fireworks show took place. Ly was asleep before the light show even started, bless her heart. The fireworks started at 10 pm and she just wasn't staying up for it.

Ly conked out....

Beautiful! Pictures don't do it justice!

Fifth Day: Epcot! Epcot is my favorite Disney park! I love the World Showcase! Someone told me about the Epcot Passport that they do for children. You go to each country and they write something in the native language and stamp it. It's so cute and Ly was a pro by the end! She loved that it was something especially for her to do. We ate lunch in Germany and had desserts in France. It was just an awesome day!

Ly and I with the kitty from The Aristocats. Ly wanted to "pet" the kitty! Ha ha!

Pastries in France! Safe to say Ly loved them! :)

Getting Ly's passport signed!

Mexico! I do believe Mexico was our favorite country! They have an amazing restaurant inside this temple and we wished we had eaten there! They also had a huge market set up on the inside as well. We got an awesome Mexican type blanket!


For our last night at Disney, we ate at Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. This was my favorite restaurant! It was so so good! Everything, from the appetizers (hummas), to the entrees (prime rib), to the desserts (a huge assortment of neat sweets)! I would and will surely be going back there! After dinner, we went to Disney's Boardwalk and just walked around sightseeing. When Rhett and I went to Disney for our Honeymoon, we had Charactertures drawn of us and we wanted the same for Ly! I was pleasantly surprised that Ly was real into this and sat really well for the man to draw her. He drew her as a Princess (Snow White) in front of the castle! So glad we got that! We will put it next to the one of Rhett and I! :)



Well, that's about it folks! I couldn't possibly write every single detail in here. Too much happened! We had a great time! I can't wait to go back! Conformation for me that Ly loved it was when we finally got home today and she said, "I want to go back to Disney World". There you have it, she loved it. And who can blame her, it's Disney World! It was amazing seeing it through her eyes! :)


Here's the link to the pics on Facebook:

No comments: