Sunday, January 23, 2011

A whole lot of Barney going on!

This weekend Ly and I spent a lot of time together "just us".  Which, I thoroughly enjoyed.  Rhett had a fishing tournament and then a coaching camp thing in Mobile.  Over the weekend Ly and I played a ton, watched Barney, ate yummy food, napped, and just enjoyed each other's company. :)  Lyla is growing up so fast!  She's really starting to understand everything we say.  For example I'll say, "Let's change your diaper and then we'll watch Barney" and she'll say, "Okay" and go to her room to get changed.  It just shocks me at how quick little ones learn!  We've also started potty training.  It's hard.  I'll say that.  I'll tell her things (while she's on the potty) like "Barney would be so proud of you if you went pee pee in the potty" and I can tell that she's trying (squeezing, pushing), but nothing.  It's just one of those things that will come when she's ready I guess.  And if you haven't noticed, Lyla's a bit obsessed with Barney.  I'm so excited because she'll be seeing Barney Live! (the name of the show) and in person February 6th!  I honestly cannot wait to see the look on her face when she sees Barney and Baby Bop and BJ... yeh, I watch a little too much Barney now too I think.
And in other news, I thought I'd start a little mini blog for the purpose of posting pictures and videos of only Lyla (from my phone).  I tried the Blog Press app and for some reason, it just kept looking funny on my blog or it didn't post videos....basically, I was just having problems with it.  So I decided to try out Tumblr.  And well, we'll see how it goes.  So far, so good.  Check it out... Princess Lyla.  It'll just be short snippets of our Princess.  Yes, I'm corny I know.  I accept that fact. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! we live in mobile and my son loves barney! where is the show you are going to?

Heather said...

Hi! We don't actually live in Mobile (my husband just went there for a coaching camp). We live in Pensacola and that's where the Barney Live show will be, at the Saenger Theatre downtown. But, I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing a show in Mobile too!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Heather, thanks for the info. Looks like we'll be driving to Pensacola for the barney show!

Miranda said...

How fun! Let me know how it is. I know a ton of people who are going!!! Thankfully, J has kinda gotten over her Barney phase.... hahaha! I bet Lyla will be starstruck. Take lots of pics!!!!