Saturday, December 25, 2010

I Love Christmas Time!

Our Christmas Eve was VERY busy! I got up early that morning and went in to full-on cleaning mode! I have not had any other chance to clean, so Christmas Eve morning was that chance. I was so proud of myself...I set a goal to finish in 3 hours and it took me 2! YAY! So, after I cleaned the house, we ran last minute shopping errands which took forever! Of course, it's Christmas Eve...everyone's out last minute shopping! :) That night we went to my church's Christmas Eve service and then we went to my Dad's house for some yummy cornbread and beans. When Rhett and I got home and we got Ly to bed, we began putting together gifts which is always fun and exciting!
Here's my brother Jesse, Ly, and I before the Christmas Eve service. Note...I ended up not wearing this outfit because both Rhett and Jesse told me it wasn't Christmasy sooooo I changed into something Christmasy. What was I thinking not wearing red or green?! Rhett, uh I mean Santa putting together Ly's table...
Christmas morning! Ly loved her little 4 wheeler (which goes a whopping 2 mph)....
And her Princess tent! In the tent she goes...
And out the tunnel she comes! She literally did this over and over and over and over again...
Oh but her favorite gift of all was her table, coloring book, and crayons! She is an artist I think. :)
After Christmas at home, we rushed over to Rhett's parents to exchange gifts there and eat a yummy french toast breakfast. After spending some time there, we rushed off to my Grammy and Granddaddy's house for Christmas with my fam!
Here's my brother Jesse! He hasn't been home for Christmas in I don't know how long! I was so happy he could be here! I miss him so much! Have I ever mentioned that he's the funniest person I know? :)
My sweet Grammy cookin' up a storm!
Me and my big brother! Oh, and for anyone interested, here's an update on what's going on with Jesse... he recently (as of Thanksgiving) got out of the Navy. He served his time and decided that he wanted to pursue other goals. Sooooo, his goal is to be a deep sea underwater welder! I know, crazy right?! He's going to start a diving school in January (in Jacksonville) that will take 5 months to train him how to operate equipment while emerged in deep water. It's rather interesting actually. I'm so proud of him for doing what makes him happy!
Here's my fam! Ly was taking a rest from all the fun! :)
After Christmas at my Grandparent's, we rushed over to Rhett's Aunt and Uncle's house for Christmas with his fam! So much rushing about! :) We played Dirty Santa which I always love and ate more yummy food! After Rhett's family Christmas we went over to my Dad's to exchange gifts! My Dad is so cute and wanted to get some pictures of our family (while Jesse's here), hence the next couple of photos! :)
And then of course we opened presents! Ly was really getting the hang of this opening presents thing! Here she is just having opened a tee shirt from my Dad. She was so excited, then threw it down, and ran to the next box to open it!
Anywho, here's the cute shirt which Rhett and I both love! :) After my Dad's house we finally made our way home. We unloaded all the gifts and then just relaxed as a fam. This is the first Christmas in I don't know how many years (yes years!!!) that we are not leaving to go to SC. Why? Because I have not accrued enough time in my new job to take off a week! It sucks, I know. But I am taking off Monday and Tuesday and the people we love in SC are coming to us! YAYYYYYY! They will get here tomorrow and we will get to spend a few days with them! A Merry Merry Christmas indeed!
Here's Ly playing with her coloring book and crayons, once again.
I'm telling you, the girl loves to color! Oh, and Aubbie LOVES to eat the crayons! We will have to watch that! HA!
Anywho, I hope everyone had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

No comments: